Are you searching for cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Atlanta? Wish you could get out of an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Believe me, you’re not alone.
A recent insurance study discovered that over 70% of Georgia drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save as much as 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t want to compare rates. Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO promote their brand names with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons yearly because insurance rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Buick Regal insurance in Atlanta on your last policy there may be better deals available now. There are lots of tips to save on Regal insurance on the internet, but you can learn some guaranteed methods to lower your insurance bill.
How You Can Control Buick Regal Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help calculate auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in cheaper rates.
- High deductibles lower premiums – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Performance makes a difference – The type of vehicle you own makes a huge difference in your premium level. Since the Buick Regal is classified as a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Atlanta. The lowest performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- More traffic means higher claims – Having an address in a small town can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated Georgia areas have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Women pay lower premiums – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many companies apply better rates for people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Insurance loss probability for a Buick Regal – Companies use statistical claims data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Buick Regal vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Buick Regal Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Buick Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most companies allow consumers to get pricing from their websites. Getting Buick Regal insurance prices online is fairly straightforward as you simply enter your coverage preferences into a form. Once you submit the form, their system pulls credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information. Getting online rate quotes for Buick Regal insurance in Atlanta makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the most affordable possible premiums on car insurance.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will get comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Georgia drivers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies try to convey promises that you can save if you move your policy.
How does every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? You have to listen carefully.
Auto insurance companies quote the lowest rates for the driver that makes them money. A good example of a desirable risk may need to be a mature driver, has never had a policy lapse, and has great credit. Any driver that matches those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes in Atlanta and have a good chance to cut their Buick Regal insurance rates if they switch.
Potential customers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile may be required to pay a more expensive rate which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “people that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” will save that much if they switch. This is how companies can make claims like that.
That is why you really should compare price quotes frequently. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Protect more than your Buick Regal
Even though Atlanta Regal insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Regal, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Buick at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your Buick but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Georgia is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Get discounts on Atlanta auto insurance
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount very well, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current Regal insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Atlanta car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break for signing up on your computer.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could qualify for substantially lower prices.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some of the larger companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies everywhere. To find providers who offer online Buick Regal insurance quotes in Georgia, click here to view.
Are insurance agents of importance?
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important especially in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you directly. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Atlanta may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Atlanta independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-3511 – View Map
These agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
DeWayne Hrabowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 – Atlanta, GA 30310 – (404) 758-5400 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Atlanta?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
After getting reasonable responses to these questions as well as inexpensive Buick Regal insurance in Atlanta quotes, you may have found an insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Should I rate my Buick Regal as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my Buick Regal covered for smoke damage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Atlanta?
- What happens if I owe more than my Buick Regal is worth?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Budget-conscious Buick Regal insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, so you need to quote Atlanta car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can find cheap Buick Regal insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Atlanta car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Atlanta, GA? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)