Finding cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes online can be complicated if you have never taken advantage of online quoting. But don’t be dismayed because online price shopping is actually quite simple.
It’s astonishing, but a large majority of drivers in Georgia kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. American drivers could cut their rates by as much as 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheaper auto insurance rates.
It is always a good idea to compare rates yearly because prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best rates on Buick Terraza insurance in Atlanta at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will surely be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Quoting and comparing rates for the best-priced protection in Atlanta is easy to do. But Georgia consumers do need to learn the way companies calculate their prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
Best Buick Terraza insurance rates in Georgia
The companies shown below offer quotes in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive lower premium rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a lower car insurance rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your car insurance premiums.
To locate companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Georgia, click this link.
Six factors that impact insurance costs
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Vehicles with better crash test results means better premiums – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you.
Combine policies to earn discounts – Some companies apply better rates to buyers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare Buick Terraza rates in Atlanta to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Where you reside – Choosing to live in less populated areas can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Never let your policy lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
Pay lower premiums if you’re married – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your insurance policy. Marriage may mean you are more mature and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Lower miles driven equals lower premium – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Terraza may be wasting your money.
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Buick Terraza is totaled?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Georgia minimum liability coverage?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Neighborhood agents and insurance
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Atlanta who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How often do they review coverages?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How long has the business existed?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Listed below is a short list of insurers in Atlanta that may be able to provide price quote information for Buick Terraza insurance in Atlanta.
- Clyde Hill Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
3041 N E Expy – Atlanta, GA 30341 – (770) 452-1485 – View Map
- Mark Pritchard – State Farm Insurance Agent
3280 Howell Mill Rd NW #107 – Atlanta, GA 30327 – (404) 856-4950 – View Map
- Dale Massey – State Farm Insurance Agent
4605 Roswell Rd NE – Atlanta, GA 30342 – (404) 257-8880 – View Map
- Kerry Mitchell – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Chamblee-Tucker Rd, Bldg 15 – Atlanta, GA 30341 – (770) 455-0017 – View Map
One last thing about your coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
We just covered some good ideas how you can lower your Buick Terraza insurance prices in Atlanta. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional insurance information can be found at these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)