Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Chevy City Express in Georgia can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our insurance buying tips to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for your Chevy and obtain the best price possible.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons as often as possible because rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Chevy City Express insurance in Atlanta six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the things you must know in order to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, you can use this information to find the best rates without having to cut coverage. Comparison shopping for the most affordable auto insurance policy in Atlanta is not as time-consuming as you think. Smart buyers just need to know the most effective way to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
Companies offering Chevy City Express insurance in Georgia
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$246||$340||$516||$30||$154||$1,286||$107|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$336||$612||$516||$30||$154||$1,648||$137|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$162||$332||$444||$26||$134||$1,098||$92|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$234||$426||$370||$22||$110||$1,162||$97|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$328||$600||$402||$24||$120||$1,474||$123|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$294||$502||$402||$24||$120||$1,342||$112|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$264||$520||$378||$22||$114||$1,298||$108|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$248||$414||$394||$24||$118||$1,198||$100|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$184||$370||$476||$28||$142||$1,200||$100|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$262||$592||$414||$24||$124||$1,416||$118|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$212||$502||$444||$26||$134||$1,318||$110|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$298||$694||$476||$28||$142||$1,638||$137|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$292||$682||$512||$30||$154||$1,670||$139|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$218||$414||$378||$22||$114||$1,146||$96|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$328||$742||$444||$26||$134||$1,674||$140|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$380||$742||$532||$32||$158||$1,844||$154|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$380||$742||$532||$32||$158||$1,844||$154|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$214||$404||$370||$22||$110||$1,120||$93|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$182||$372||$444||$26||$134||$1,158||$97|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$366||$814||$512||$30||$154||$1,876||$156|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in Atlanta location which can lower or raise coverage prices substantially.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can affect Chevrolet City Express insurance prices for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the factors that factor into your premiums.
Liability protection – Liability coverage kicks in if a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Less chance of injury means lower rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy City Express scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
The higher your credit history the lower your premiums – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet City Express by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
Annual miles is a factor – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your City Express may be costing you higher rates.
What type of car do you drive? – The type of car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Due to the fact that the Chevrolet City Express is considered a van and minivan, rates will be similar in price when compared to the average rates in Atlanta. Economy passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Rates can be impacted by your job – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts generally pay the highest rates due to intense work situations and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as actors, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Better drivers pay the best prices – Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Having a single driving citation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. People who have serious citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Older drivers save more – More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Beginning drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Cheaper Chevy City Express insurance in Atlanta
Some insurance providers do not advertise all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Atlanta auto insurance online.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Atlanta auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Atlanta can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance on a new City Express may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, student away at school, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family has savings for early bird, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, air bags, bundled insurance, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, seat belt use, defensive driver, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century discounts include homeowners, anti-lock brakes, air bags, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, student driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To view insurance companies who offer discounts in Georgia, click this link.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Atlanta?
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents in Atlanta can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can handle car insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Dorcelin Bazil – State Farm Insurance Agent
2859 N Druid Hills Rd a – Atlanta, GA 30329 – (404) 634-2447 – View Map
- Shiron Kilgore – State Farm Insurance Agent
42 Forsyth St NW – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 527-4883 – View Map
- Trevor Nollner – State Farm Insurance Agent
881 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #17 – Atlanta, GA 30306 – (678) 515-8297 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, you will want to include price quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Atlanta that can give you comparison quotes.
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 – Atlanta, GA 30329 – (404) 633-6332 – View Map
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (800) 634-2903 – View Map
- Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 – Atlanta, GA 30316 – (404) 624-3102 – View Map
Smart consumers save more
When shopping online for car insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies. Cost effective Chevy City Express insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
More information can be read below:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Felons in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)