Would you like to stop overpaying and find cheaper auto insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Chevy Spark EV insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Chevy and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Atlanta agents.
Sadly, the majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Most drivers in America could save up to 47% every year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It's a good habit to compare prices every six months since prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Atlanta on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to find out the right way to find great coverage at a great price.
Companies offering Chevy Spark EV insurance in Georgia
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of these ten discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise every discount they offer very well, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Atlanta auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Cars that have air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver Safety - Passing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for several vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Large car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include federal employee, multi-vehicle, air bags, good student, driver training, and seat belt use.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good driver, ease of repair, type of vehicle, multi-policy, multi-car, annual mileage, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including distant student, alternative fuel, mature driver, switch companies, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for safe driver, group or association, good student, multiple vehicles, paperless, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new graduate, multi-car, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, safety features, and new vehicle discount.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and accident prevention training.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
- USAA has savings for family discount, military installation, good student, new vehicle, annual mileage, driver training, and vehicle storage.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
Car insurance agents can help
Some people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing insurance online is you may find lower prices and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Atlanta that can provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your business. You won't even need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How many years have they been established?
If you want a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents in Atlanta are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can write insurance policies, but it's good to learn how they are different because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Atlanta that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Enrico Lewis
777 Cleveland Ave SW Ste 104 - Atlanta, GA 30315 - (404) 761-9556 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Anissa Few Davenport
2030 Bolton Rd NW #200 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (678) 705-5898 - View Map
- Traci McCrory - State Farm Insurance Agent
1526 E Forrest Ave #250 - Atlanta, GA 30344 - (678) 539-8623 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you include at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Atlanta who can help you get price quote information.
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (404) 525-1600 - View Map
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 - Atlanta, GA 30345 - (404) 633-4321 - View Map
Upon getting reasonable responses to these questions and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Don't listen to company ads
Consumers in Georgia can't get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all convey the message that drivers will save a bundle if you switch to them.
But how can every company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have an ideal profile for the right customer that will generate a profit. For example, this type of insured might be described as married and over the age of 30, has a low-risk occupation, and has great credit. A customer that matches those criteria will probably get the lowest prices and have a good chance to save some money.
Consumers who do not fit those criteria may receive a higher rate which translates to the customer not buying. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much. That is how companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates. Because of the profiling, you really should compare rate quotes every year. It's not possible to predict which auto insurance company will have better rates than you're paying now.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for liability - This can cover damage or injury you incur to other's property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like bail bonds, legal defense fees and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Georgia state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Insurance for medical payments - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance - This protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Spark EV.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision - This coverage pays for damage to your Spark EV resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Spark EV to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) - This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Cover all your bases
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Atlanta can be bought on the web and with local Atlanta insurance agents, so you need to quote Atlanta auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)