Want low-cost Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Atlanta? Paying for overpriced Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Atlanta can empty your monthly budget and make it impossible to make ends meet.
Astonishing but true, most insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average insurance premium being $1,722, Georgia drivers could save themselves almost $1,000 a year by just shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates.
Many insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company to discover the definitive lowest cost out there.
You should make it a habit to check insurance prices once or twice a year because insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the best deal on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Atlanta six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it's time to teach you how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that go into determining your insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower insurance prices.
- Cut premiums and deter theft - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Premiums are affected by your address - Choosing to live in a small town has definite advantages when talking about insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities have to deal with congested traffic and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Bundle policies and save money - Most insurance companies give a discount to clients that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's in your best interest to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still find lower rates by buying from different companies
- Miles driven impacts prices - The more you drive every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle's coverage based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance declarations sheet is rated on the proper vehicle usage. Improper usage on your Grand Cherokee is throwing money out the window.
- Loss statistics for a Jeep Grand Cherokee - Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that statistically have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jeep Grand Cherokee Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 2WD 81 111 71 62 60 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4WD 91 112 98 67 63 89
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to shop Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance online
When shopping for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Atlanta there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from different Atlanta insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find cheaper rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it makes it obsolete to physically go to different Atlanta agent offices. The ability to get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a need for the trained advice only provided by licensed Atlanta agents. Some companies do allow you to price shop online and still use a local agent.
It's important to know that quoting more increases the chance that you will find better pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give online Atlanta Grand Cherokee insurance quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$262||$502||$444||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$224||$380||$406||$24||$122||$1,156||$96|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$166||$322||$378||$22||$114||$1,002||$84|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$278||$486||$394||$24||$118||$1,300||$108|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$298||$612||$378||$22||$114||$1,424||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise premiums greatly.
Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance rates by gender in Atlanta
The example below compares Jeep Grand Cherokee car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Georgia. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive rule to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Jeep Grand Cherokee settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accident claims can impact Jeep Grand Cherokee car insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Atlanta, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Jeep for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Telematics Data - Drivers that enable their insurance company to track their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles could qualify for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a house in Atlanta can save a few bucks because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Atlanta without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
Don't be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders these benefits are:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Jeep Grand Cherokee rate quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your state.
Comparing rates from local Atlanta insurance agencies
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent's advice and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important especially in Atlanta.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking a insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
It's not one size fits all
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Will my Jeep Grand Cherokee be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
We've covered a lot of tips how to lower your Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance car insurance rates in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage only to regret they didn't have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Low-cost Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Atlanta can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)