Think you have overpriced Kia Stinger insurance in Atlanta? Trust us, many Atlanta consumers feel financially strained by their insurance policy.
It’s hard to fathom, but most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $1,720, Atlanta drivers could pocket $1,000 a year, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy. Vehicle owners have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates for Kia Stinger insurance in Atlanta.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes quite often since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest rates on Kia Stinger insurance in Atlanta six months ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about Stinger insurance out there, but you can learn some good information on how to lower your insurance bill.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Kia Stinger insurance in Atlanta
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Sign Early and Save – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Stinger insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get slightly better premium rates than normal.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, anti-theft, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, multi-vehicle, federal employee, driver training, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-car, good student, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, newly retired, preferred payment discount, and new graduate.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, good student, and driver training.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good student
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
When comparing rates, check with every company to apply every possible discount. Savings might not apply in Atlanta. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
The majority of larger companies provide insurance quotes directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Kia Stinger insurance in Atlanta is quite simple as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into the quote form. Upon sending the form, the system gets your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on these factors. Getting online quotes for Kia Stinger insurance in Atlanta makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to get a better rate.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will receive rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How much liability coverage do I need in Georgia?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance agents can help
Many people still like to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Atlanta will have answers to these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they full-time agents?
Two types of Atlanta car insurance agents
If you want to use a local agent, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Agents in Atlanta are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types can write car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Atlanta independent agents who can help you get price quotes.
Once you have received satisfactory answers to these questions and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are entitled to cancel coverage any time you want so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the entire policy term.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Stinger from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Stinger to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, hail damage and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Georgia drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical services, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Georgia state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses like doctor visits, prosthetic devices and EMT expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
Cost effective Kia Stinger insurance is available on the web and with local Atlanta insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims and even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Kia Stinger insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a small local company.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Felons in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)