Do you want to learn to get lower-priced auto insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta consumers have lots of choices when looking for the lowest priced Lexus RX 400h insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so you're going to learn the best way to quote coverages on a Lexus and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and Atlanta agents.
If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper auto insurance without having to cut coverage. The goal of this article is to teach you how car insurance quotes work and also save some money in the process Consumers just have to understand the quickest way to compare prices using one simple form.
Cheap car insurance in Atlanta, GA
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Lexus RX 400h insurance in Atlanta
Companies do not advertise every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Atlanta auto insurance online.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Atlanta can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Paperwork-free - Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Defensive Driver - Passing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Atlanta and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, passive restraint, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for switch companies, distant student, mature driver, good student, teen driver, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, air bags, good student, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including multi-policy, company car, teen driver, student away at school, paid in full, safe driver, and group or association.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, driver training, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-policy, youthful driver, safe driver, and driver training.
- USAA may include discounts for loyalty savings, vehicle storage, safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
If you want affordable Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be offered in Atlanta. To choose providers with discount car insurance rates in Georgia, click here to view.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
It's important that you understand some of the things that help calculate your car insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors that factor into prices.
- Too many policy claims will drive car insurance rates up - Companies in Georgia award lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Do you have enough liability? - Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Higher prices for tough employers - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupational choices like fire fighters, social workers and medical professionals have higher average rates in part from intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
- Coverage deductibles are a factor - Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Lexus. Some examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Mature drivers are lower risk - Older people are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Youthful drivers tend to be less responsible when driving so car insurance rates are higher.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your information is emailed to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can handle car insurance, but it's worth learning the difference between them since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta willing to provide rate quotes.
- Randy Beavers - State Farm Insurance Agent
135 Mount Vernon Hwy - Atlanta, GA 30328 - (770) 396-3810 - View Map
- State Farm: Dave Simpson Jr
2240 Fairburn Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30331 - (404) 344-9777 - View Map
- Lindsay Mullen - State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 N Druid Hills Rd Ste 145 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 728-1000 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta who can help you get price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (470) 355-1973 - View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E - Atlanta, GA 30340 - (770) 452-8881 - View Map
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
One last thing about your coverage
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare Lexus RX 400h insurance premium rates in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)