Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for lower-priced Nissan Maxima insurance in Atlanta? Are you at wits end from scraping the payment together to buy auto insurance? Your situation is no different than many other Georgia drivers.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most auto insurance policyholders in Georgia kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in the United States can save about $850 each year, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they switched. There are many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to find a good deal for Nissan Maxima insurance in Atlanta.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons before your policy renews since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest price on Nissan Maxima insurance in Atlanta six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Finding Nissan Maxima insurance in Atlanta, GA
Finding a better price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to compare rate quotes from online providers.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to physically go to and from local Atlanta insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. However, consumers can price shop your coverage online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Georgia. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Maxima 3.5 S||$214||$350||$406||$24||$122||$1,116||$93|
|Maxima 3.5 SV||$310||$560||$394||$24||$118||$1,406||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Nissan Maxima premium costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
These discounts can reduce Nissan Maxima insurance rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked for before they will apply.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Maxima can save you some money because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their company to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current Maxima insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are:
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-theft, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, student away at school, multiple vehicles, good student, and paperless.
- American Family may have discounts that include air bags, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, early bird, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, good student, online quote, homeowner, DriveSense, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, passive restraint, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
Double check with every company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Atlanta. If you would like to view insurers who offer free Nissan Maxima insurance quotes in Atlanta, follow this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Use credit responsibly and save – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Maxima by taking the time to improve your credit score. People that have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit ratings.
Premiums impacted by your city – Choosing to live in areas with lower population can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
How much liability do you need? – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Miles driven impacts rates – The more you drive in a year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated Maxima is throwing money out the window. Verify your car insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage.
Higher prices for specific jobs – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and dentists are shown to have higher premium rates due to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs like actors, students and performers have lower than average premiums.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The type of car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Nissan Maxima is classified as a sedan, rates will be about the same compared to average rates in Atlanta.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Atlanta who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Atlanta can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Atlanta who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you include multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Atlanta who can help you get price quote information.
Upon getting acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that will adequately provide auto insurance. Just remember you can terminate your policy for any reason so never feel you are locked into a specific company for any length of time.
Find cheaper insurance prices by comparing often
We covered many ways to find cheap Nissan Maxima insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Discount Nissan Maxima insurance can be sourced online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)