Would you prefer to buy more affordable Pontiac G5 insurance in Atlanta? Are you confused by the number of auto insurance providers that you can choose from? Many other drivers are as well. You have so many choices that it can easily turn into a ton of work to compare prices on Pontiac G5 insurance. Everyone knows Atlanta is a good city to live in, but getting gouged by high auto insurance rates makes it difficult to purchase enough protection.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Atlanta can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to do a rate comparison.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage before your next renewal because auto insurance rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Pontiac G5 insurance in Atlanta two years ago a different company probably has better prices today. There is too much inaccurate information about G5 insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some solid techniques on how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
If you have auto insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Quoting and comparing rates for the cheapest coverage in Atlanta is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Georgia drivers should learn the way companies market insurance on the web and use it to your advantage.
All the larger car insurance companies allow you to get pricing from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Pontiac G5 insurance in Atlanta doesn’t take much effort because you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system orders information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote.
Using the web to get price quotes for Pontiac G5 insurance in Atlanta helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get a lower rate.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your G5 just makes sense
Despite the high cost, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Pontiac for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Pontiac G5. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
The list below includes some of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting prices.
Less chance of injury means lower rates – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Pontiac is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Females tend to take less risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Men and women cause accidents at a similar rate, but guys have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Lower rates come with age – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.Youthful drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Get a ticket, pay higher costs – Just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have serious tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance companies do not list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Organization Discounts – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Atlanta could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Good Student – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for safety features, exclusive group savings, good student, newly retired, multi-policy, and new move discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, accident-free, passive restraint, good student, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include multi-policy, paid in full, multiple vehicles, group or association, and air bags.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, good student, air bags, military active duty, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, accident prevention training, drive less, homeowner, and anti-theft.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Georgia, follow this link.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to sit down with an agent. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Atlanta who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Listed below is a short list of insurers in Atlanta that may be willing to give price quote information for Pontiac G5 insurance in Atlanta.
- Trevor Nollner – State Farm Insurance Agent
881 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #17 – Atlanta, GA 30306 – (678) 515-8297 – View Map
- Phyllis Mitchell – State Farm Insurance Agent
1442 Dresden Dr NE #253 – Atlanta, GA 30319 – (404) 812-9951 – View Map
- Jerome Johnson, Sr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
3101 Clairmont Rd b – Atlanta, GA 30329 – (404) 321-6688 – View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E – Atlanta, GA 30340 – (770) 452-8881 – View Map
Cheap car insurance is out there
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service and delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
In this article, we covered many ideas to save on Pontiac G5 insurance in Atlanta. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Atlanta car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Lower-priced Pontiac G5 insurance in Atlanta is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)