Nobody that owns a car is fond of buying auto insurance, especially when the cost is too high.
Statistics show that the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Atlanta consumers could save themselves as much as 60% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Since you have so many choices for buying affordable insurance for a Pontiac Grand Prix in Atlanta, it’s nearly impossible to find a more affordable company.
You should take the time to compare premium rates every six months because auto insurance prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Atlanta on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Grand Prix insurance online, but you can learn some good information on how to find cheap auto insurance in Atlanta.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Pontiac Grand Prix Insurance Premiums?
It’s important that you understand some of the things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
Shown below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine prices.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like lawyers, executives and miners tend to have the highest average rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. Other jobs like farmers, athletes and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- The type of vehicle you drive affects your rates – The type of car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. Since the Pontiac Grand Prix is considered a coupe, rates will be similar in price when compared to the average rates in Atlanta. The lowest performance passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Location can impact price – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Better auto insurance rates for no policy lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Georgia motor vehicle department.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save $389 a year. For real?
Big name companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive endlessly run ads on television and other media. They all seem to advertise claims about how much you will save just by switching your auto insurance coverage to their company. How does every company give you a lower rate on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Atlanta?
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. A good example of a driver they prefer could be between 25 and 40, has few claims, and does not commute to work. A propective insured who matches those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes in Atlanta and have a good chance to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who fall outside these stringent criteria will see more expensive rates which usually ends up with the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” will save that much if they switch. This is how companies can truthfully claim big savings.
This illustrates why you need to compare rate quotes every year. It’s just not possible to know which company will give you lower rates than your current company.
Protect more than your Pontiac vehicle
Even though Atlanta Grand Prix insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Grand Prix with a loan, almost every bank will force you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects not only your Pontiac Grand Prix but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Atlanta is overpaying over $810 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Atlanta
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Atlanta can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Atlanta drivers who agree to allow companies to look at driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount simply for signing online.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance on a new Grand Prix may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Atlanta auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company how you can save money. Savings may not apply in your area. For a list of auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Atlanta, follow this link.
When to get advice from an agent
Some consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agents is still important in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Atlanta who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Atlanta for you
If you want a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they function. Insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are Atlanta independent agencies that can give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Choosing an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any good agent in Atlanta should know the answers to these questions.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What company do they have the most business with?
If you feel you receive good answers to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an insurance agent that will provide insurance coverage.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying your policy, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- How high should deductibles be on a Pontiac Grand Prix?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
Budget-conscious Pontiac Grand Prix insurance is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Atlanta auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents.
We’ve covered many tips how you can lower your Pontiac Grand Prix insurance auto insurance rates in Atlanta. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Pontiac Grand Prix rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in the articles below:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Felons in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)