Nobody looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
Unthinkable but true, most car insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Drivers in Atlanta could save themselves as much as $959 a year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to find lower-cost car insurance rates.
Online insurance companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate promote their brand names with ads and it can be hard to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's important to take a look at other company's rates occasionally because prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Pontiac GTO insurance in Atlanta a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about GTO insurance on the internet, but in this article, you're going to get some great ways to slash your car insurance rates in Atlanta.
How You Can Control Pontiac GTO Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other criteria are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Car features that lower rates - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Pay more by driving carelessly - Good drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Even one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers with multiple citations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
Don't abuse insurance claims - If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Georgia give better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Drive less and save - The more miles you rack up on your Pontiac in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how much you drive. Autos that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your GTO can result in significantly higher rates.
Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating - Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If the Pontiac GTO scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
Higher insurance rates for policy lapses - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Georgia department of motor vehicles.
Many insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Pontiac GTO insurance in Atlanta is pretty painless as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. When the form is submitted, the company's rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on many factors. Quoting online for Pontiac GTO insurance in Atlanta makes comparing rates easy, and it's very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find a lower rate.
To compare pricing, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you copy the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Georgia. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Big name companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. All the ads make the same claim that people will save just by moving your coverage. How does every insurance company give you a lower rate on Pontiac GTO insurance in Atlanta? It's all in how they say it.
Many companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For instance, a profitable customer might be over age 30, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured that matches those criteria will get low premium rates and as a result will probably save a lot on Atlanta Pontiac GTO insurance if they switch.
Potential customers who cannot meet the "perfect" profile may be required to pay higher rates which results in business going elsewhere. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "people that switch" not "all people who quote" can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
Because of this risk profiling, it's extremely important to compare many company's prices. It's impossible to know which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Atlanta, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $825 a year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Atlanta auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance - Larger auto insurance companies have lower auto insurance rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Membership in Organizations - Being in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a course teaching driver safety skills could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Student Driver Training - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Sign Early and Save - A few companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current GTO insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, seat belt use, anti-theft, good student, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, good driver, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy
- Progressive discounts include good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may include discounts for multi-car, payment discounts, early quote, student away at school, driver training, and home ownership.
- SAFECO offers discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, bundle discounts, safe driver, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-car, good student, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Atlanta. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Georgia, click this link.
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agents is still important in Atlanta.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta that can give you free Atlanta car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Atlanta that can give you price quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Atlanta.
Eddie Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 - Atlanta, GA 30346 - (770) 394-5068 - View Map
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Find affordable auto insurance rates by comparing often
The cheapest Pontiac GTO insurance in Atlanta can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Atlanta car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on Pontiac GTO insurance in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)