Are you sick of overpaying and want the cheapest Toyota Sequoia insurance in Atlanta? Scraping up a payment for pricey Toyota Sequoia insurance in Atlanta can eat up your personal savings and make it hard to pay other bills.
A recent insurance study discovered that over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in America can save about $860 each year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
People have so many insurers to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates quite often because prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Toyota Sequoia insurance in Atlanta at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. You’ll find a ton of advice on Sequoia insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some tested techniques to quit paying high insurance rates in Atlanta.
Buying affordable insurance in Atlanta is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have a current insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using these methods. But Georgia vehicle owners must understand how the larger insurance companies determine how much to charge because it can help you find the best coverage.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as the year, make and model of vehicles, your general credit rating, driver ages, and your job. That information is then sent to insurance companies and you get price estimates almost instantly.
To check rates for your car now, click here then complete the form.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sequoia SR/5 2WD||$332||$502||$402||$24||$120||$1,380||$115|
|Sequoia SR/5 4WD||$392||$604||$516||$30||$154||$1,696||$141|
|Sequoia Limited 2WD||$268||$502||$444||$26||$134||$1,374||$115|
|Sequoia Limited 4WD||$262||$466||$532||$32||$158||$1,450||$121|
|Sequoia Platinum 2WD||$282||$516||$406||$24||$122||$1,350||$113|
|Sequoia Platinum 4WD||$424||$854||$532||$32||$158||$2,000||$167|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in your specific Atlanta location which can impact coverage rates noticeably.
Toyota Sequoia insurance costs by age and gender
The information below compares Toyota Sequoia insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insuring your Sequoia just makes sense
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Auto insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What Affects Toyota Sequoia Insurance Premiums?
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities regularly have more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Gender and car insurance – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. They both are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Your job can affect premiums – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as lawyers, airline pilots, and miners have the highest rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as professors, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Extra coverages push up costs – There are quite a few additional coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- How your age affects premiums – Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Toyota Sequoia has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Premiums go up with performance – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Because the Toyota Sequoia is classified as a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more when compared to the average rates in Atlanta. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Loss probability for a Toyota Sequoia – Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that tend to have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Toyota Sequoia vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Toyota Sequoia Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Sequoia 4dr 2WD 70 103 80 57 Toyota Sequoia 4dr 4WD 82 115 96 57 50 77
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable rates by applying discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Professional Memberships – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Atlanta may earn a discount on your policy.
- Atlanta Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates as compared to bad drivers.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a class that teaches safe driver techniques may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Sign Online – A handful of auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 get Atlanta auto insurance online.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total Sequoia insurance premium.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts are:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered in your area.
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What happens if I owe more than my Toyota Sequoia is worth?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Atlanta who will give you bids to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Where are claims handled?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How long has their agency been in business in Atlanta?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive agents willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-7811 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good answers and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
Shop around and save
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Discount Toyota Sequoia insurance in Atlanta is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for Toyota Sequoia insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Toyota Sequoia insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from the smaller companies.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)