How long has it been since you compared the cheapest Volkswagen Passat insurance in Atlanta? I doubt anyone looks forward to paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that their premiums are through the roof.
Unbelievably, a large majority of insurance policyholders in Georgia have been with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Drivers in the United States could save roughly $860 a year just by shopping around, but they won't spend time to compare rates online. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to discover the definitive best rates possible on Volkswagen Passat insurance in Atlanta.
You should take the time to quote other rates occasionally because insurance rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on Volkswagen Passat insurance in Atlanta two years ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad information regarding Passat insurance online but by reading this article, you're going to learn the easiest ways to lower your insurance bill.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to find the best rates without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Atlanta can be made easier if you know where to look. You just have to use the most efficient way to buy car insurance online.
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get prices directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Volkswagen Passat insurance in Atlanta is fairly straightforward as you just enter the coverages you want into a form. Behind the scenes, their system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and quotes a price. Quoting online for Volkswagen Passat insurance in Atlanta streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for affordable prices.
To find out if lower rates are available, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information identical to your current policy. This way, you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon||$240||$476||$378||$22||$114||$1,230||$103|
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan||$382||$720||$394||$24||$118||$1,638||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in Atlanta location which can raise or lower coverage rates noticeably.
Analysis of deductible levels
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Passat annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of careless driving on Atlanta car insurance rates
The information below shows how violations and accidents can increase Volkswagen Passat insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Get cheap Volkswagen Passat insurance in Atlanta with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Atlanta drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, alternative fuel, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, passive restraint, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, and preferred payment discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Atlanta.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Passat has a lien holder, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Georgia is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to save money.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?