Searching for low-cost insurance for your Jeep Liberty in Georgia could be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for your Jeep and find the best price possible from Atlanta insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to take a look at other company's rates yearly because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best premium rates on Jeep Liberty insurance in Atlanta at your last renewal you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because it's time to teach you one of the best ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$166||$282||$370||$22||$110||$950||$79|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$224||$312||$406||$24||$122||$1,088||$91|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$294||$412||$402||$24||$120||$1,252||$104|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$234||$350||$370||$22||$110||$1,086||$91|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$212||$404||$414||$24||$124||$1,178||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Atlanta garaging location which can modify rates greatly.
Jeep Liberty full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below shows the comparison of Jeep Liberty insurance premiums with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Jeep Liberty settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Jeep Liberty insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Jeep Liberty insurance, paying for auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Liberty, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Atlanta car insurance discounts
Some providers don't list all discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Data Collection Discounts - Atlanta drivers who agree to allow their company to spy on their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Passive Restraints - Options like air bags could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Senior Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
Don't be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
Companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
It's a good idea to ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Atlanta. To choose companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Georgia, click here.
Local Atlanta car insurance agents and insurance
Certain consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agents is especially important in Atlanta.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it's worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are independent insurance agents in Atlanta that may be able to provide free insurance quotes.
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 633-6332 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Walter Wade Agency
4401 Northside Pkwy NW #311 - Atlanta, GA 30327 - (404) 550-3448 - View Map
- Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-3511 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often use the same agent partially due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta that are able to give price quote information.
- Cleo Meyer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Peachtree St NE #346s - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-0960 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jannette Boykin
674 North Highland Avenue Northeast b - Atlanta, GA 30306 - (678) 904-6621 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Arlisher Jones
1176 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (404) 752-7056 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Any agent in Atlanta should be willing to answer these questions.
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Learn about insurance coverages for a Jeep Liberty
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, doctor visits, surgery, nursing services and dental work. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Jeep Liberty.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Liberty from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like driving through your garage door, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Liberty to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, emergency aid, repair bills for other people's vehicles and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Georgia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Affordable car insurance prices are available
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, policy cancellation or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Lower-priced Jeep Liberty insurance in Atlanta is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies.
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on Jeep Liberty insurance in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Atlanta auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in these articles:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)