How long has it been since you compared the cheapest Kia Soul insurance in Atlanta? Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to pay auto insurance each month? You are no different than most other drivers in Georgia.
It’s shocking but nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in the United States could cut their rates by roughly 46.5% a year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Because you have many online and local companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the most affordable auto insurance provider.
It’s important to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rates on Kia Soul insurance in Atlanta a year ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad information regarding Soul insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to lower your auto insurance bill.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Atlanta is really quite easy. If you have auto insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this strategy. But Georgia vehicle owners do need to know the way insurance companies calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more increases your odds of finding the best price.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can impact prices substantially.
Analysis of deductible levels
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Kia Soul insurance rates for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Atlanta
The example below shows the comparison of Kia Soul car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set guideline for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Kia Soul settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $400 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Lower-cost Atlanta car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
To view providers who offer free Kia Soul insurance quotes in Atlanta, click here to view.
Comparing rates from local Atlanta insurance agencies
A small number of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Atlanta that can provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How long have they been in business?
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Car insurance rates and your job – Careers like military personnel, business owners and medical professionals have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as farmers, historians and performers receive lower rates.
- Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates are usually for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Because the Kia Soul is considered a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Atlanta.
- Extra coverages can waste money – Policies have extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- High physical damage deductibles cost less – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Kia. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more expense you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Mature drivers are lower risk – Older insureds are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.Inexperience drivers are known to be inattentive in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft.
- Kia Soul claim statistics – Insurers use historical loss data to help calculate premium costs. Models that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Kia Soul vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Kia Soul Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Soul 89 98 84 138 138 118
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Soul in Atlanta, insuring your vehicle is required in Georgia but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Soul with a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Kia but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Soul outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Atlanta is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
When getting Atlanta auto insurance quotes online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest Kia Soul insurance in Atlanta is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, so get free Atlanta auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
More detailed car insurance information is located at these sites:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)