No normal person looks forward to buying insurance, especially knowing they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Shockingly, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,720, Atlanta drivers could cut their rates by approximately 60% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop their coverage around. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every company and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, use these tips to find the best rates and still have adequate protection. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Atlanta can be easy if you know a few tricks. Consumers just have to use how to quote multiple rates instantly.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons for Kia Spectra insurance in Atlanta takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including your occupation, if you're married, if you have an active license, and which vehicles you own. That rating information is then submitted to many different companies and they return cost estimate instantly to find the best rate.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Do you qualify for these five discounts?
Some companies don't always publicize every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so we break down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on insurance. If you don't get every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Passive Restraints - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Distant Student - Youth drivers who are attending college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
To see a list of companies who offer cheap Kia Spectra insurance quotes in Atlanta in Georgia, follow this link.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Atlanta car insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Atlanta.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Atlanta who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Atlanta
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Atlanta insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can sell auto insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Atlanta that may be able to provide free price quotes.
InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta who can help you get comparison quotes.
Eddie Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 - Atlanta, GA 30346 - (770) 394-5068 - View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Three good reasons to insure your Kia Spectra
Despite the high cost, auto insurance is required by state law in Georgia and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Spectra has a lien holder, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Kia Spectra but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Spectra definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Spectra caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Spectra in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25 in Georgia), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like nursing services, doctor visits, funeral costs and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like pain and suffering, bail bonds, legal defense fees and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Georgia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and falling objects. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Do the work, save more money
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your Kia Spectra insurance auto insurance rates in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Atlanta car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Budget-conscious Kia Spectra insurance can be sourced both online and with local Atlanta insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don't offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Atlanta, GA? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)