Sick and tired of sacrificing to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as most other vehicle owners in Georgia.
Shockingly, most auto insurance buyers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Georgia could save up to $960 a year, but they don't invest the time required to shop their coverage around. Online insurance companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly bombard you with advertising and it can be hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Low-cost auto insurance in Atlanta, GA
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Slash rates with these price cutting discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small discount on rates.
- No Accidents - Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Esurance may have discounts that include paid-in-full, good driver, homeowner, Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, emergency road assistance, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, and good student.
- AAA has discounts for multi-policy, education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, multi-car, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, driver's education, anti-theft, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
When getting free Atlanta car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company or agent the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Atlanta.
Local Atlanta insurance agents
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Atlanta.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes to get your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you would like to find an insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Car insurance agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can provide car insurance policies, but it's worth learning the subtle differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, it's recommended you contact a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below are Atlanta independent agencies who may be able to give you price quote information.
These agents generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is there a local claims center in Atlanta?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Atlanta?
Cheap car insurance is out there
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
The cheapest Lexus RC F insurance in Atlanta can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)