I can’t think of anyone who likes paying for auto insurance, especially knowing the cost is way too high.
Shocking but true, a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Georgia insurance shoppers could save almost 60% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Due to the abundance of insurance companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Volvo S90 in Atlanta, it’s difficult to pick the lowest price insurer.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding the best rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volvo, almost all lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects your Volvo and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Volvo gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Atlanta auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow data collection to monitor driving manner by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Volvo S90 insurance in Atlanta.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy cost.
A few companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you want cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Atlanta. To locate providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Atlanta, follow this link.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you may find lower prices but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Atlanta that can provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Georgia?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
After you get acceptable answers to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located a company that will properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that policyholders can cancel your policy for any reason so don’t think that you’re stuck with a specific company for any length of time.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
Shop smart and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on Volvo S90 insurance in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)