How long have you put off shopping around for more competitive Jeep Commander insurance in Atlanta? Locating the cheapest insurance for your Jeep Commander in Georgia can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for your Jeep and find the lowest price either online or from Atlanta insurance agents.
Sad but true, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Atlanta could save approximately 60% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
It is always a good idea to compare prices quite often since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Jeep Commander insurance in Atlanta last year there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of wrong information about Commander insurance on the web, but I'm going to show you some tested techniques to slash your auto insurance rates in Atlanta.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Georgia. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Commander Sport 2WD||$312||$472||$406||$24||$122||$1,336||$111|
|Commander Sport 4WD||$392||$604||$516||$30||$154||$1,696||$141|
|Commander Limited 2WD||$302||$476||$402||$24||$120||$1,324||$110|
|Commander Limited 4WD||$232||$436||$476||$28||$142||$1,314||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates considerably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Jeep Commander premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lower rate quotes on Jeep Commander insurance in Atlanta with these nine car insurance discounts
Some providers don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we researched a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Club Memberships - Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Atlanta can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Passing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Distant Student - Older children living away from Atlanta attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course in high school.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Jeep could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way. But all discounts should definitely cut your car insurance premiums.
Companies and some of the discounts include:
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, mySafetyValet, air bags, accident-free, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, and good driver.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and air bags.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
Double check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in Atlanta.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Commander in Atlanta, insurance is required by state law in Georgia and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep has a lien holder, almost every bank will force you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your Jeep and your personal assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Don't assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What are good deductibles for a Jeep Commander?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance quotes from neighborhood Atlanta auto insurance agents
Many people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is definitely important in Atlanta.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Atlanta that can give you free Atlanta car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand why they differ because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, it's a good idea to include independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Atlanta that may be able to give free price quotes.
- Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW A - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (470) 771-3398 - View Map
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 - Atlanta, GA 30345 - (404) 633-4321 - View Map
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
- Mark Pritchard - State Farm Insurance Agent
3280 Howell Mill Rd NW #107 - Atlanta, GA 30327 - (404) 856-4950 - View Map
- Bryant Thompson - State Farm Insurance Agent
2230 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 228-6085 - View Map
- Eddie Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 - Atlanta, GA 30346 - (770) 394-5068 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Any good agent in Atlanta should know the answers to these questions.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does their agency support local causes in Atlanta?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
Car insurance policy coverages for a Jeep Commander
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Commander resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Commander in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield, theft and vandalism. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage provides protection when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Jeep Commander.
Since many Georgia drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/25 in Georgia), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills such as nursing services, funeral costs, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, court costs, medical expenses, structural damage and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Georgia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.