Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced auto insurance policy? You're in good company because there are lots of Atlanta residents who feel the same.
It's shocking but the vast majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Georgia being $1,722, drivers could save roughly 60% each year just by comparing rates, but they don't believe the amount of money they would save if they switched. Due to the abundance of insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Jeep Compass in Atlanta, it can be diffult for drivers to locate the cheapest insurance company.
How to get free Jeep Compass insurance quotes online
All major car insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage from their websites. Comparing prices online for Jeep Compass insurance in Atlanta is very simple as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. Upon sending the form, the quote system collects your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on the information you submitted. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest price on car insurance.
To quickly compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you complete the form with the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will have rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$228||$418||$370||$22||$110||$1,148||$96|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$260||$508||$370||$22||$110||$1,270||$106|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$262||$528||$444||$26||$134||$1,394||$116|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$212||$404||$414||$24||$124||$1,178||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower coverage rates considerably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Jeep Compass insurance rates for each different age category. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Compass in Atlanta, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Jeep Compass, it's most likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Jeep at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Jeep Compass and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $820 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Discounts for multiple policies - Some car insurance companies provide better rates to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's always a smart idea to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find lower rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Older drivers are lower risk - Teenage drivers in Georgia are known to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you've ever had to add a youthful driver onto a policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save - Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Jeep from damage. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you're willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Location can impact price - Having an address in areas with lower population is a good thing when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated Georgia areas have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
- Do you have enough liability protection? - The liability section of your policy kicks in in the event that a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Jeep Compass insurance claim data - Companies study historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Models that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure. The table below illustrates the loss history for Jeep Compass vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Jeep Compass Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Compass 4dr 2WD 87 135 58 128 124 142 Jeep Compass 4dr 4WD 76 114 63 99 107 106
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts on Atlanta insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don't list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- College Student - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Atlanta and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one insurance company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To view companies that offer the discounts shown above in Georgia, click here to view.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many drivers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Atlanta.
By using this quick form, your information is sent to participating agents in Atlanta who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it's a good idea to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Atlanta that can give you cheap rate quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Atlanta that are able to give rate quotes.
DeWayne Hrabowski - State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (404) 758-5400 - View Map
Deciding on a auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Georgia?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Be persistent and save
Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Atlanta can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Jeep Compass insurance prices in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)