Are you sick of overpaying and want the cheapest car insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta consumers have many options when looking for affordable Jeep Patriot insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to buy car insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Jeep and obtain the cheapest rates from Atlanta insurance agents and online providers.
If you're already insured or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Our goal in writing this article teach you how insurance works and how you can save the most money. Vehicle owners just have to learn the quickest way to find the lowest price online.
Companies offering Jeep Patriot insurance in Georgia
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$128||$226||$378||$22||$114||$868||$72|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$228||$418||$370||$22||$110||$1,148||$96|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$338||$612||$394||$24||$118||$1,486||$124|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$328||$600||$402||$24||$120||$1,474||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific Atlanta garaging location which can affect premium rates significantly.
Do you need full coverage?
The diagram below shows the comparison of Jeep Patriot auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn't a steadfast formula to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Jeep Patriot claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
These discounts can reduce Jeep Patriot insurance rates
Companies do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few companies give discounts for switching policies early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the web.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Student in College - Older children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, air bags, military active duty, anti-theft, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for new car, multi-policy, home ownership, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, payment discounts, and early quote.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, youthful driver, renewal discount, good student, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, and multi-car.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be offered in every state. To locate providers with discount auto insurance rates in Atlanta, click here.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Atlanta insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in Atlanta.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won't even need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Atlanta insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it's important to know the differences because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Featured below are Atlanta independent agencies who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-7811 - View Map
- White and White Insurance
2882 E Point St - Atlanta, GA 30344 - (404) 766-9390 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a - Atlanta, GA 30312 - (404) 474-6356 - View Map
These type of agents are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Atlanta willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Enrico Lewis
777 Cleveland Ave SW Ste 104 - Atlanta, GA 30315 - (404) 761-9556 - View Map
- Lindsay Mullen - State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 N Druid Hills Rd Ste 145 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 728-1000 - View Map
- Cheryl S Parsel - State Farm Insurance Agent
3145 Peachtree Rd #197 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (404) 814-0071 - View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Does auto insurance advertising bend the truth?
Georgia drivers can't escape the ads that claim the lowest car insurance rates by State Farm and Allstate. All the ads advertise the message about saving some big amount if you move your policy.
That's great but how can every company charge you a lower premium? This is the trick they use.
Insurance companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that is profitable for them. One example of a profitable insured may be a married male, has other policies, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters may get the lowest premium rates in Atlanta and as a result will probably save when switching.
People who may not quite match these stringent criteria may be forced to pay a more expensive rate and this results in the customer buying from someone else. The trick companies use is to say "customers who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much money. That is how companies can make it sound like they have such great prices.
This illustrates why drivers must get price quotes at each policy renewal. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Jeep Patriot insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When you buy Atlanta auto insurance online, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
The cheapest Jeep Patriot insurance in Atlanta can be sourced both online and with local Atlanta insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Veterans in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)