Are you sick of overpaying and want low-cost Land Rover LR4 insurance in Atlanta? When searching for more affordable insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the number of car insurance choices that you can choose from? Many other people are too. Georgia drivers have such a vast assortment of choices available that it is a big hassle to find lower premium rates on Land Rover LR4 insurance. If you live there, you know that Atlanta is an awesome place to live, but inflated car insurance rates can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to afford good insurance coverage.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of car insurance customers in Georgia have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. U.S. consumers can cut their rates by almost 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won’t spend time to go online and compare rates.
How Your LR4 Insurance Prices are Determined
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are less obvious such as your marital status or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you better insurance rates.
- Bundle policies and save money – Most insurance companies allow lower prices for people who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to save money even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Land Rover has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Liability coverage – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Increase physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be rearending another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- City traffic equals higher prices – Choosing to live in areas with lower population can be a good thing when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims Residents of big cities have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means more chance of being in an accident.
- Save money with alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
- Land Rover LR4 insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Land Rover LR4 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Land Rover LR4 Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover LR4 4dr 4WD 87 105 134 47
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company does price estimates online, so you should also compare price quotes from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR4 HSE Plus||$294||$652||$444||$26||$134||$1,550||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Atlanta which can lower or raise coverage prices considerably.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders can influence Land Rover LR4 yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below illustrates the comparison of Land Rover LR4 insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact rule for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Land Rover LR4 replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Beware of misleading insurance ads
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all convey the message about saving some big amount if you get a free Atlanta car insurance quote and switch your insurance coverage to their company. How do they all make the same claim? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Insurance providers quote their best rates for the type of driver that will be a good risk. A good example of this type of risk profile may be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. Any customer who meets those qualifications receives the best premium rates in Atlanta and will also save if they switch.
Potential insureds who are not a match for those standards will probably be forced to pay higher premium rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick companies use is to say “customers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can save as much as they claim. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those statements.
Different companies use different criteria so it’s extremely important to do a quote comparison often. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Land Rover LR4 in Atlanta, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Land Rover LR4 has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Land Rover for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list all discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Land Rover can earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims before the accident.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Land Rover LR4 insurance in Atlanta.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Atlanta can save you money because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall bill.
To find providers that offer discounts in Atlanta, click here.
Compare prices but work with a neighborhood Atlanta auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. And buying from local agencies is definitely important in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because prices are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
What types of auto insurance agents are in Atlanta?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Atlanta agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, you need to contact at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 – Atlanta, GA 30316 – (404) 624-3102 – View Map
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (404) 892-2864 – View Map
- Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-7811 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Atlanta that can give you rate quotes.
- Dana Shivalier – State Farm Insurance Agent
1544 Piedmont Ave NE #107 – Atlanta, GA 30324 – (404) 892-0101 – View Map
- Cheryl S Parsel – State Farm Insurance Agent
3145 Peachtree Rd #197 – Atlanta, GA 30305 – (404) 814-0071 – View Map
- Geoff Carlson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1465 Chattahoochee Ave NW #550 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (678) 927-9977 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Atlanta should have no problem answering these questions:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Georgia minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
Low-cost Land Rover LR4 insurance in Atlanta is available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
We covered some good ideas how you can find cheaper Land Rover LR4 insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about car insurance in Georgia can be read below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)