Are you looking for low-cost car insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Lexus IS 350 insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to compare prices or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Lexus and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and Atlanta agents.
It's a good habit to check car insurance prices on a regular basis because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Lexus IS 350 insurance in Atlanta at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Lexus IS 350 insurance in Atlanta.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. This article's intent is to let you in on the most effective ways to compare rates and some tips to save money. Consumers just need to learn the proper way to quote multiple rates using one simple form.
Low-cost companies for Lexus IS 350 insurance in Georgia
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 350 4-Dr Sedan||$354||$560||$516||$30||$154||$1,614||$135|
|IS 350 C 2-Dr Convertible||$348||$640||$406||$24||$122||$1,540||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can affect premium rates substantially.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Lexus IS 350 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact rule for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Lexus IS 350 replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Lexus IS 350 insurance prices for each different age category. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Some companies do not list every discount they offer very well, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Multiple Cars - Drivers who insure several vehicles on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, driver's education, multiple autos, passive restraint, and good student.
- American Family offers premium reductions for bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good student, air bags, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, seat belt use, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include homeowners, good student, theft prevention, 55 and older, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
Check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your area. To view companies with significant discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Avoid policy lapses - Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Georgia motor vehicle department.
- Don't abuse insurance claims - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Georgia provide most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Cheaper to insure females? - The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men get in accidents at about the same rate, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Combining policies can get discounts - Lots of auto insurance companies provide discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you're getting this discount drivers will still want to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- High credit means lower costs - Having a bad credit rating factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your Lexus IS 350 if you clean up your credit. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
- Lexus IS 350 claim probability - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Lexus IS 350 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lexus IS 350 Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus IS 350 4dr 2WD 165 88 186 101 Lexus IS 350 4dr 4WD 200 72 206 Lexus IS 350 Convertible 98
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an company needs to be determined by more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Atlanta?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Who are their largest clients?
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they function. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand why they differ since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
- Valerie Primas - State Farm Insurance Agent
2798 Lakewood Ave SW a - Atlanta, GA 30315 - (404) 209-1225 - View Map
- Rob Hill - State Farm Insurance Agent
2800 Shallowford Rd NE, Ste A-B - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (678) 791-7132 - View Map
- Carter Nicholson - State Farm Insurance Agent
3040 Briarcliff Rd NE c - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 748-9739 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to check rates from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Atlanta that are able to give price quotes.
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (912) 355-4549 - View Map
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
Does auto insurance advertising bend the truth?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the cheapest premium rates by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all say the same thing that drivers will save a bundle after switching your auto insurance policy to them.
Is it even possible that every company can give you a better price on Lexus IS 350 insurance in Atlanta? Just pay attention to how they say it.
All the different companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that earns them a profit. A good example of this type of insured might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. Anyone who matches those parameters will probably get the lowest premium rates and have a good chance to save if they switch.
People who do not fit the ideal profile will be quoted higher prices which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say "customers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" can save as much as they claim. That's the way insurance companies can advertise the savings. Because each company has a different risk profile, you really need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is impossible to guess which auto insurance company will have the lowest car insurance rates for your situation.
How much can you save?
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is actually quite simple.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
The cheapest Lexus IS 350 insurance in Atlanta can be bought online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Veterans in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)