No car owner likes buying auto insurance, especially when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
A recent study showed that most auto insurance buyers in Georgia kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. The average driver in America could pocket about 47% a year, but they just don't understand the rate savings if they bought a different policy. You have so many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around before your policy renews since prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Lexus LS 460 insurance in Atlanta on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the best methods to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Choosing the best rates in Atlanta can be much easier if you know how to start. If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. You just need to use the proper methods to buy insurance online.
Finding cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to spend a little time comparing free Atlanta car insurance quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Lexus LS 460 rate quotes.
It's so easy to compare rates online that it takes the place of having to actually drive to and from local Atlanta insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes makes this unnecessary unless you require the trained advice of a local agency. Drivers can get prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$460||$878||$334||$20||$100||$1,792||$149|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$374||$708||$334||$20||$100||$1,536||$128|
|LS 460 AWD 4-Dr||$502||$1204||$404||$24||$122||$2,256||$188|
|LS 460 L 4-Dr Sedan||$460||$878||$334||$20||$100||$1,792||$149|
|LS 460 L AWD 4-Dr||$276||$540||$342||$20||$102||$1,280||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can affect coverage prices significantly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can raise Lexus LS 460 annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Lexus LS 460 insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus LS 460, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Lexus LS 460 but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Save a ton with these eight discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking part in a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds who allow their insurance company to track their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate's Drivewise could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles can earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Atlanta may trigger a policy discount on insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student Discounts - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver's education class in school.
- ABS Brakes - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies who may offer most of these discounts include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To choose insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Georgia, click here to view.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Many drivers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company shouldn't rely on just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for pain medications, EMT expenses and dental work. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your LS 460 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your LS 460 to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Lexus LS 460.
Since many Georgia drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Georgia limits are 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a deer, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and fire damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Georgia state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Find affordable rates by comparing often
While you're price shopping online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered many ways to compare Lexus LS 460 insurance prices in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Cheaper Lexus LS 460 insurance in Atlanta can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, so you need to shop Atlanta car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
More learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)