Do you want a faster way to compare more affordable Lexus RX 450h insurance in Atlanta? Are you at wits end from being strong-armed to pay high insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than many other Georgia drivers.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. The average driver in Atlanta could save an average of 60% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't invest the time required to go online and compare rates.
Popular companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with catchy ads and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have coverage now, you will be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Atlanta is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But Georgia consumers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to calculate your car insurance rates because it varies considerably.
Best Lexus RX 450h insurance prices in Georgia
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 450H Hybrid 2WD 4-Dr||$366||$786||$578||$34||$172||$1,936||$161|
|RX 450H Hybrid 4WD 4-Dr||$424||$854||$600||$36||$180||$2,094||$175|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in Atlanta location which can raise or lower premiums significantly.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Atlanta
The illustration below shows the comparison of Lexus RX 450h annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no specific rule for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Lexus RX 450h replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies do not list every policy discount very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a slight reduction on a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking time to complete a class that teaches driver safety techniques could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used RX 450h can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Lexus RX 450h insurance in Atlanta.
- Claim-Free Discount - Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Government Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on driving patterns by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
To choose insurance companies with significant discounts in Georgia, click here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation could use an agent's help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Atlanta car insurance agent
A lot of people still like to have an agent's advice and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Atlanta.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy insurance from a good Atlanta insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents from which to choose. Agencies in Atlanta are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following are independent agents in Atlanta who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-9744 - View Map
Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-3511 - View Map
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Atlanta who can help you get comparison quotes.
Eddie Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 - Atlanta, GA 30346 - (770) 394-5068 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- If they are an independent agency in Atlanta, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Atlanta?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Can you contact them at any time?
After talking to the agent and getting positive responses for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
One last thing about your coverage
More affordable insurance in Atlanta can be sourced online in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, so get free Atlanta auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
We just presented a lot of techniques to compare Lexus RX 450h insurance prices in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)