How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in Atlanta? Finding cheaper insurance for a Lincoln MKC in Georgia can be a lot of work, but you can use these tips and make it easy.
There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for a Lincoln and obtain the cheapest rates from Atlanta insurance agents and online providers.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want a better rate, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Pricing affordable insurance policy in Atlanta is not as hard as you may think. Smart buyers just need to learn the fastest way to find the lowest price from multiple carriers.
Most major insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get coverage prices from their websites. The process is quite easy because you just enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and provides a quote.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find the cheapest price on car insurance.
To quickly compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input the coverage information identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance policy discounts for Lincoln MKC insurance in Atlanta
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every discount available very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Atlanta auto insurance online.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will provide an incentive simply for signing online.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Atlanta auto insurance but check with your company.
- Buy New and Save – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Atlanta auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, federal employee, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers discounts include new car, IntelliDrive, driver training, student away at school, multi-car, and continuous insurance.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, multi-policy, family plan, good student, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including electronic funds transfer, early shopping, multi-car, mature driver, business and professional, youthful driver, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for DriveSense, defensive driver, good driver, good student, and renters.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, passive restraint, good student, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for anti-theft, type of vehicle, accident-free, good driver, multi-car, and low natural disaster claims.
When quoting, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not be offered in Atlanta. To find insurance companies who offer cheap Lincoln MKC insurance quotes in Atlanta, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Atlanta car insurance agents?
Many people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is important especially in Atlanta.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Below are Atlanta auto insurance companies willing to provide comparison quotes for Lincoln MKC insurance in Atlanta.
- Allstate Insurance: Douglas Hollis
2195 Fairburn Rd SW – Atlanta, GA 30331 – (404) 629-1510 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Arlisher Jones
1176 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW – Atlanta, GA 30310 – (404) 752-7056 – View Map
- Randy Beavers – State Farm Insurance Agent
135 Mount Vernon Hwy – Atlanta, GA 30328 – (770) 396-3810 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Enrico Lewis
777 Cleveland Ave SW Ste 104 – Atlanta, GA 30315 – (404) 761-9556 – View Map
Finding the right company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- What is the minimum liability in Georgia?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lincoln MKC in Atlanta, buying insurance is mandatory in Georgia but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lincoln for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Lincoln and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Georgia is overpaying over $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hail damage, falling objects and theft. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your MKC caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your MKC in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Georgia drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25 in Georgia), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability auto insurance
This will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Georgia requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses such as pain medications, chiropractic care and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
People change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
We’ve covered many tips how you can compare Lincoln MKC insurance premium rates in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Atlanta auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cost effective Lincoln MKC insurance is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)