Being forced to pay for pricey auto insurance premiums can bottom out your family's budget and force you to make tough financial choices.
It's astonishing, but the majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. The average driver in the United States could save themselves nearly $850 a year, but they won't spend time to shop around.
Insurance companies such as GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to separate fact from fiction and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you are insured now, you will be able to save money using the concepts you're about to learn. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Atlanta is actually quite simple. Although Georgia vehicle owners must understand how the larger insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Mercedes-Benz E350 insurance in Atlanta
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|E350 2-Dr Coupe||$328||$860||$352||$20||$106||$1,666||$139|
|E350 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$622||$264||$16||$80||$1,314||$110|
|E350 with 4-MATIC 4-Dr Sedan||$534||$938||$340||$20||$102||$1,934||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can affect premium rates greatly.
Do you need full coverage?
The diagram below shows the comparison of Mercedes-Benz E350 car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set rule for excluding physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Mercedes-Benz E350 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Gender-based car insurance premiums in Atlanta
The illustration below shows the comparison of Mercedes-Benz E350 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Atlanta
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower rates. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the major factors companies use to determine prices.
- Safer vehicles lower prices - Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Premiums drop with age - Older insureds tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Higher premiums for high stress employers - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like military personnel, business owners and stock brokers generally have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs like professors, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Avoid unnecessary add-on coverages - There are a lot of extra add-on coverages you can purchase on your insurance policy. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Lower miles equals lower premium - The higher the mileage driven annually the higher your rate. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated E350 can cost quite a bit. It's always a good idea to double check that your insurance declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- High physical damage deductibles equal low rates - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, or theft. The deductibles define the amount you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Companies don't list all discounts very well, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to look at driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Professional Organizations - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Atlanta can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
Some companies that may have these money-saving discounts are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policies in Atlanta. To find car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Georgia, click here to view.
Buying insurance from Atlanta insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is still important in Atlanta.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want a good Atlanta insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-7811 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Jared Mula - State Farm Insurance Agent
3220 Cobb Pkwy SE #202 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (770) 874-3325 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Atlanta?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Car insurance can get complicated
When it comes to the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Lower rates by being persistent
Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents. Budget-conscious Mercedes-Benz E350 insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find affordable Mercedes-Benz E350 insurance in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Atlanta auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)