Are you researching low-cost Mercury Mariner insurance in Atlanta? Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to pay car insurance each month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other people in Georgia.
Regrettably, 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Most drivers in Atlanta can cut their rates by 60% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. There are many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, more choices can make it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
These discounts can cut Mercury Mariner insurance rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be asked about before being credited.
- Save with a New Car - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Atlanta can earn you a little savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class in school.
- Good Student - Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Low Miles Discount - Fewer annual miles on your Mercury may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky. But any discount will lower your overall bill.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, teen driver, mature driver, early shopping, multi-car, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, good driver, multiple autos, driver's education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including safety features, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, and teen driver discount.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, good driver, claim-free
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not be available everywhere. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies who offer free Mercury Mariner insurance quotes in Georgia, click here to view.
Getting a low cost price on insurance is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to take a couple of minutes to get quotes online from several insurance companies.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to insurance agencies in your area. Doing it all online makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies comparison shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mariner Premier 2WD||$208||$396||$452||$26||$136||$1,218||$102|
|Mariner Hybrid 2WD||$192||$414||$378||$22||$114||$1,120||$93|
|Mariner Premier AWD||$212||$322||$334||$20||$100||$988||$82|
|Mariner Hybrid AWD||$240||$502||$444||$26||$134||$1,346||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact coverage rates greatly.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can affect Mercury Mariner auto insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Atlanta
Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Fast cars cost more to insure - The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in determining your rates. Since the Mercury Mariner is a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Atlanta. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
Men are more aggressive - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn't prove that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
Your job may affect rates - Occupations like lawyers, executives and medical professionals generally have the highest rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers such as actors, athletes and retirees receive lower rates.
Get better rates if married - Your spouse helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When selecting the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Mercury Mariner is worth?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. You won't need to leave your house because prices are sent to you directly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is there a local claims center in Atlanta?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are searching for a local Atlanta insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Atlanta agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can write insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Atlanta willing to provide comparison quotes.
Jared Mula - State Farm Insurance Agent
3220 Cobb Pkwy SE #202 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (770) 874-3325 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing insurance prices, you should always compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that are able to give comparison quotes.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, most banks will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Mercury for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Mercury Mariner and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Georgia overpays more than $700 annually so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Mercury Mariner insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Additional information can be found below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)