Finding cheaper insurance for a new or used Mercury Sable in Georgia can normally be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to save time.
There is a better way to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Mercury and locate the lowest price from Atlanta insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good habit to compare rates periodically because car insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best price on Mercury Sable insurance in Atlanta two years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the easiest way to buy cheaper Mercury Sable insurance in Atlanta.
Shopping around for affordable policy in Atlanta is simple if you know the tricks. If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, follow these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Drivers just have to understand the most time-saving way to shop from many different companies.
Compare free Atlanta Mercury Sable insurance price quotes
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Sable insurance in Atlanta.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Mercury could qualify for slightly better rates than normal.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount should help lower your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Atlanta, follow this link.
What Affects Mercury Sable Insurance Rates?
Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get big savings.
Getting married can save on auto insurance – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Accidents inflate prices – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even one citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. People who have serious tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
Lower rates with alarm systems – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent auto theft.
Insurance costs and driver gender – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean women are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young males are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
No auto insurance policy gaps is important – Not having insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Atlanta.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance agents in Atlanta may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can handle car insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you need to contact at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that may be able to provide price quote information.
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 525-1600 – View Map
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 – Atlanta, GA 30305 – (912) 355-4549 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Walter Wade Agency
4401 Northside Pkwy NW #311 – Atlanta, GA 30327 – (404) 550-3448 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people use the same agent mainly due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Atlanta who can help you get price quotes.
- Shiron Kilgore – State Farm Insurance Agent
42 Forsyth St NW – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 527-4883 – View Map
- Traci McCrory – State Farm Insurance Agent
1526 E Forrest Ave #250 – Atlanta, GA 30344 – (678) 539-8623 – View Map
- Valerie Primas – State Farm Insurance Agent
2798 Lakewood Ave SW a – Atlanta, GA 30315 – (404) 209-1225 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Atlanta should be willing to answer these questions.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Quote. Compare. Save.
You just read some good ideas how to compare Mercury Sable insurance auto insurance rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheap Mercury Sable insurance in Atlanta is available online and with local Atlanta insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)