Want a free price quotes on cheaper Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Atlanta? Locating better insurance prices for your Mitsubishi Lancer in Georgia can normally be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates so you're going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Mitsubishi and find the lowest price from Atlanta insurance agents and online providers.
It's a good habit to get comparison quotes occasionally because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Atlanta six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Lancer insurance on the web, but in this article, you're going to get some of the best techniques to buy insurance cheaper in Atlanta.
Save money with these discounts on Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Atlanta
Car insurance companies don't always list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Employee of Federal Government - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Distant Student - Kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Select companies reward you with a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for electronic funds transfer, good student, youthful driver, bundle discounts, early shopping, alternative fuel, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for driver training, 55 and retired, good student, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, good student, good driver, student away at school, multiple policy, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, anti-theft, air bags, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, homeowner, drive less, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new move discount, newly retired, new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, and new graduate.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To view companies that offer discounts in Atlanta, click here to view.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lancer Sportback GTS||$332||$704||$378||$22||$114||$1,550||$129|
|Lancer Sportback Ralliart||$332||$622||$402||$24||$120||$1,500||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can change prices considerably.
Does full coverage make sense?
The diagram below shows the difference between Mitsubishi Lancer insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Mitsubishi Lancer settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents drive up Mitsubishi Lancer insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates.
Does insurance coverage cost less for women? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
When should you file a insurance claims? - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Companies in Georgia give discounts to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Premiums increase with driving tickets - Just one driving citation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Careful drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have gotten dangerous tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Insurance premiums are higher for high performance vehicles - The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest rates are usually found on low performance passenger vehicles, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Mitsubishi Lancer is a sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same compared to average rates in Atlanta.
Policy add-ons add up - There are many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Lancer policy. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
Good credit scores equal low prices - Having a bad credit history factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Mitsubishi Lancer by improving your credit score. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings.
How your age affects prices - More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Beginning drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher insurance rates.
Mitsubishi Lancer insurance claim data - Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that historically have higher loss trends will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the collected loss data for Mitsubishi Lancer vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mitsubishi Lancer Models
|Specific Mitsubishi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mitsubishi Lancer 2WD||153||146||127||192||218||172|
|Mitsubishi Lancer 4WD||149||131||148||135|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4WD||225||123||221|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions can aid in determining if you might need an agent's assistance.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Georgia?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- What policy terms are available?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Atlanta insurance agencies?
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Atlanta.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Atlanta who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to do any legwork because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Atlanta?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Georgia?
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Georgia
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Atlanta, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mitsubishi has a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Mitsubishi for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies. The cheapest Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Atlanta can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about insurance in Georgia can be read at these links:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)