Have you fallen victim to an expensive insurance policy? It's quite common and there are many people just like you.
A study showed that 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Georgia being $1,720, drivers could save approximately $1,000 every year, but they don't invest the time required to go online and compare rates. Many car insurance companies compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute lowest rate on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Atlanta.
Lower Your Atlanta Insurance Costs
Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
With age comes lower rates - More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.Young drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
How much liability insurance do you need? - The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Premiums are affected by your credit history - Your credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mitsubishi Mirage by repairing your credit. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - The majority of companies afford lower prices to buyers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, it's still a good idea to compare other Atlanta Mirage insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Claims statistics for a Mitsubishi Mirage - Insurers analyze past claim statistics when setting premium rates. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mitsubishi Mirage Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to compare free Atlanta Mitsubishi Mirage insurance quotes
All major auto insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online rates for Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Atlanta is quite easy because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. After you submit the form their system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on the information you submitted. Being able to quote online for Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Atlanta simplifies rate comparisons, and it's necessary to do this in order to get the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To save time and find out how much you're overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you input the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you are getting rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Atlanta, maintaining insurance is required in Georgia but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mitsubishi, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mitsubishi at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $800 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Atlanta?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get better car insurance rates.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow their company to look at where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Paperless Signup - Many larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Have your child complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck.
Some of the larger companies who might offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not be available in your area. To see car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Atlanta, click this link.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Many people would prefer to have an agent's advice. Professional agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Atlanta?
The following is a list of insurance companies in Atlanta willing to provide price quotes for Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Atlanta.
In the end, you can save money
The cheapest Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Atlanta is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Additional insurance information can be found at the links below
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)