Do you need a better way to compare more affordable Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Atlanta? Did a good deal turn out to be an overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because there are a lot of people in Atlanta just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in Georgia could cut their rates by almost $960 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy. Since you have so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it is hard for the average consumer to choose a lower cost auto insurance provider.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Atlanta is actually quite simple. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. Drivers only need to know the most efficient way to shop for insurance online.
The majority of larger companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get price estimates online. Comparing Mitsubishi Outlander insurance rates online doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into the form. Once entered, the system gets reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information. This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the best auto insurance rates.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the coverage information identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlander ES 2WD||$262||$502||$378||$22||$114||$1,278||$107|
|Outlander SE 4WD||$184||$370||$404||$24||$122||$1,104||$92|
|Outlander SE 4WD||$162||$332||$378||$22||$114||$1,008||$84|
|Outlander SE 2WD||$376||$752||$452||$26||$136||$1,742||$145|
|Outlander SE 2WD||$170||$296||$344||$20||$104||$934||$78|
|Outlander ES 4WD||$234||$426||$314||$18||$94||$1,086||$91|
|Outlander XLS 2WD||$336||$694||$404||$24||$122||$1,580||$132|
|Outlander XLS 4WD||$182||$372||$378||$22||$114||$1,068||$89|
|Outlander GT-S AWC 4WD||$296||$622||$378||$22||$114||$1,432||$119|
|Outlander GT-S AWC 4WD||$348||$662||$344||$20||$104||$1,478||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in Atlanta location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Atlanta
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Mitsubishi Outlander auto insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no clear-cut formula to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mitsubishi Outlander claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Atlanta insurance discounts for a Mitsubishi Outlander
Some companies do not list every policy discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for several vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Outlander insurance in Atlanta.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including new car, student away at school, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, multi-car, and driver training.
- 21st Century discounts include air bags, anti-lock brakes, early bird, defensive driver, homeowners, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, drive less, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and good student.
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Atlanta. To find insurers that offer some of these discounts in Georgia, click here.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Atlanta should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Shown below are Atlanta insurance companies that are able to give rate quotes for Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Atlanta.
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found a company that meets the criteria to adequately provide car insurance.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Atlanta
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, protects your Mitsubishi from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger companies provide a discount to clients who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. It’s possible to still save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Get hitched and pay lower rates – Your spouse actually saves money on car insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Never have car insurance policy lapses – Driving with no insurance is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more you drive your Mitsubishi in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Outlander may be wasting your money. Make sure your declarations sheet reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Premiums drop with age – Youthful drivers in Georgia have been known to be inattentive with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teenage driver to your policy can be quite pricey. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If the Mitsubishi Outlander scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
- Theft deterrents lowers prices – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart car theft.
- Mitsubishi Outlander insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Mitsubishi Outlander vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have larger claims.
Mitsubishi Outlander Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 2WD 117 104 119 155 Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 4WD 116 93 140 115 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 4dr 2WD 116 121 99 165 146 129 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 4dr 4WD 109 118 123 124 139 112
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mitsubishi in Atlanta, insuring your vehicle is required in Georgia but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mitsubishi Outlander, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Mitsubishi at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Mitsubishi but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Outlander definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Lower-priced Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Atlanta is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Atlanta auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to compare Mitsubishi Outlander insurance premium rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)