Have you finally had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as many other Georgia consumers.
Astonishing but true, most Georgia car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in the United States could pocket almost 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it's too difficult to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with catchy ads and it can be hard to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best deal on Nissan Juke insurance in Atlanta a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the best way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these techniques to lower your rates without reducing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Atlanta is really not that difficult. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the quickest way to buy auto insurance using one simple form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Juke in Atlanta, paying for car insurance is required in Georgia but it also protects you in many ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Juke, most banks will force you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your Nissan but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Juke insurance in Atlanta.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Good Student - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Atlanta car insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Atlanta Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Atlanta can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply in Atlanta. For a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
Can't I compare rates from local Atlanta insurance agencies?
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurer requires more thought than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Georgia?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Atlanta?
You can find affordable coverage
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to find cheaper Nissan Juke insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you quote Atlanta car insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Veterans in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)