Comparison shopping for more affordable Nissan Leaf insurance in Atlanta can be difficult for drivers new to online price comparisons. With dozens of companies in the marketplace, it can turn into a big hassle to lower your prices on Nissan Leaf insurance.
A recent study showed that over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Georgia being $1,700, drivers could pocket about 60% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it's difficult to compare rates.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Atlanta insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class in school.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles could earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- New Car Discount - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles are generally safer.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your insurance premiums.
Some companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not apply in every state. To choose insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Atlanta, click here to view.
The majority of larger companies provide prices direct online. Getting Nissan Leaf insurance prices online doesn't take a lot of time because you just enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, their system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on these and other factors.
Quoting online for Nissan Leaf insurance in Atlanta helps simplify price comparisons, and it's very important to do this in order to get the best rate possible.
To find out if lower rates are available, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you replicate the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The items below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Affects performance affects auto insurance prices - The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Since the Nissan Leaf falls in the electric compact class, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly higher compared to average rates in Atlanta. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Policy add-ons add up - Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Tickets drive up rates - Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have received severe violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles - The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to spend if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, also called 'full coverage', insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
- Nissan Leaf insurance claim data - Companies use statistical claims data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Leaf vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Leaf Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Leaf Electric 89 84 45 83 64 76
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is available from local agents
A lot of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local agencies is still important in Atlanta.
By using this simple form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent directly to you. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Atlanta
If you would like to find a local Atlanta insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Atlanta may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, it's a good idea to include multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below are Atlanta independent agents who may provide price quotes.
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
- Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW A - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (470) 771-3398 - View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E - Atlanta, GA 30340 - (770) 452-8881 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well schooled in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Arlisher Jones
1176 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (404) 752-7056 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Drew Niess
3133 Maple Dr NE Ste 100 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (404) 477-5500 - View Map
- Kerry Mitchell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Chamblee-Tucker Rd, Bldg 15 - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (770) 455-0017 - View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Atlanta?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Auto insurance in Georgia serves several purposes
Even though Atlanta Leaf insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Georgia but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Nissan Leaf, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Nissan at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Nissan Leaf. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Atlanta is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
We've covered some good ideas how to lower your Nissan Leaf insurance premium rates in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company.
There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Cheap Nissan Leaf insurance in Atlanta can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
As you quote Atlanta car insurance, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)