When searching for lower-priced insurance, are you overwhelmed by the number of insurance companies in Atlanta? You have such a vast assortment of companies available that it can turn into a real challenge to find the lowest price for Nissan Quest insurance in Atlanta. Everyone knows that Atlanta is a good city to live in, but the high cost of insurance makes it impossible to stay on budget.
Shocking but true, most drivers in Georgia have been with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by nearly $859 a year by just shopping around, but they assume it's a waste of time to shop their coverage around.
Car insurance providers offering competitive prices in Georgia
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Nissan Quest insurance in Atlanta
Companies don't list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- No Claims - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Onboard Data Collection - Atlanta drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get reduced rates.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy early. It could save around 10% when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the premium cost.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above include:
Check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To find insurers that offer multiple discounts in Atlanta, click this link.
Learn How to Buy Insurance More Affordably
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance - The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest base rates are for economy passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Nissan Quest is considered a van and minivan, insurance will be similar in price compared to average rates in Atlanta.
Your spouse saves you money - Getting married may cut your premiums on your insurance bill. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
How's your driving record? - A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Drivers who don't get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Even a single citation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who get license-revoking violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Incidental coverages may not be needed - There are many extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying insurance. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
Too many insurance claims and you'll pay more - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Georgia award discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Annual miles impacts premiums - The more you drive your Nissan annually the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your Quest may be costing you. Make sure your vehicle rating is showing the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates - Driving a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Insurance loss probability for a Nissan Quest - Insurers analyze past claim statistics when setting premium costs. Vehicles that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Quest vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Nissan Quest Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need special coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Georgia?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in Atlanta can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Atlanta willing to provide price quote information.
- Traci McCrory - State Farm Insurance Agent
1526 E Forrest Ave #250 - Atlanta, GA 30344 - (678) 539-8623 - View Map
- Dana Shivalier - State Farm Insurance Agent
1544 Piedmont Ave NE #107 - Atlanta, GA 30324 - (404) 892-0101 - View Map
- Ryan King - State Farm Insurance Agent
3355 Lenox Rd NE #230 - Atlanta, GA 30326 - (404) 816-3276 - View Map
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will want to include at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent agents in Atlanta that can give you price quote information.
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (912) 355-4549 - View Map
- Five Star Insurance Agency
191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3300 - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (678) 526-7979 - View Map
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
While you're price shopping online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured dropped full coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered a lot of information how to save on Nissan Quest insurance in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Atlanta car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in the articles below:
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)