Vehicle owners new to comparing auto insurance rates on the web can find sourcing cheaper Cayman insurance is harder than it needs to be.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of insureds have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in Georgia could save an average of up to 60% each year, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It’s smart to compare premium rates on a regular basis since prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best quotes on Porsche Cayman insurance in Atlanta two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Porsche Cayman insurance in Atlanta.
Locating the best rates in Atlanta is much easier if you know where to start. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. But Georgia consumers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
How to buy Porsche Cayman insurance online
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayman 2-Dr Coupe||$332||$622||$402||$24||$120||$1,500||$125|
|Cayman S 2-Dr Coupe||$412||$1010||$476||$28||$142||$2,068||$172|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can affect price quotes substantially.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The example below illustrates the difference between Porsche Cayman insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Porsche Cayman replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Atlanta
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims raise Porsche Cayman insurance premiums for each different age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Porsche Cayman annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance is not optional in Georgia
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Porsche Cayman has a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Porsche at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Georgia overpays more than $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Atlanta insurance discounts for a Porsche Cayman
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Atlanta auto insurance online.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger auto insurance companies have a lower rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Atlanta can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to spy on their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, air bags, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, good student, claim-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, good student, good driver, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for location of vehicle, multi-car, type of vehicle, ease of repair, professional/association, multi-policy, and low natural disaster claims.
- 21st Century has savings for good student, homeowners, student driver, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- Allstate may offer discounts for resident student, early signing, safe driver, new car, anti-theft, and teenSMART discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your area. To view auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Atlanta, click this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Atlanta insurance agents?
Many drivers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Atlanta auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Atlanta should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
When researching a local Atlanta insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Atlanta are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who may provide you with price quote information.
- Trevor Nollner – State Farm Insurance Agent
881 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #17 – Atlanta, GA 30306 – (678) 515-8297 – View Map
- Dana Shivalier – State Farm Insurance Agent
1544 Piedmont Ave NE #107 – Atlanta, GA 30324 – (404) 892-0101 – View Map
- Kaitlin Ponce – State Farm Insurance Agent
2285 Peachtree Rd #204 – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 390-1190 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get several quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give price quotes.
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 – Atlanta, GA 30345 – (404) 633-4321 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Tommy Jones Agency
3201 Atlanta Industrial Pkwy NW b220 – Atlanta, GA 30331 – (404) 660-3821 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (470) 355-1973 – View Map
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When you buy Atlanta auto insurance online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost.
We covered many tips how you can reduce Porsche Cayman insurance rates online in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)