Do you get exhausted from not being able to afford to buy auto insurance? You have the same problem as many other Georgia consumers.
Statistics show that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Atlanta drivers could save nearly $959 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop their coverage around. Insurance companies such as GEICO and Progressive persitently shower you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes quite often because auto insurance rates go up and down regularly. If you had the best premium rates on Saturn Ion insurance in Atlanta last year you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the right way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Companies offering Saturn Ion insurance in Georgia
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Discounts can help save money on Saturn Ion insurance in Atlanta
Companies do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates compared to bad drivers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow their company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Professional Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Atlanta car insurance quote.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used Ion can get you a discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, air bags, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good driver, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for student driver, 55 and older, teen driver, defensive driver, and good student.
- Travelers has discounts for IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, payment discounts, student away at school, home ownership, and multi-car.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, air bags, driver training, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
Check with every prospective company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with discount insurance rates in Georgia, click this link.
Local Atlanta insurance agencies
A small number of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Atlanta will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Atlanta?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Types of car insurance agents in Atlanta
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Atlanta are either independent or exclusive. Either type can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get price quote information.
DeWayne Hrabowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 – Atlanta, GA 30310 – (404) 758-5400 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are Atlanta independent agencies who can help you get price quote information.
After getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles.
Is there truth in advertising?
Georgia consumers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the cheapest premium rates by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies state the claim that you can save if you get a free Atlanta car insurance quote and switch your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How do they all charge lower premium rates? You have to listen carefully.
Companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a profitable risk profile might be a married male, owns a home, and has excellent credit. A propective insured who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and will probably save when switching.
Potential insureds who do not match those criteria must pay a higher rate which translates to the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how companies can make the claims of big savings. This illustrates why you really should quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will provide the lowest Saturn Ion insurance in Atlanta.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Cheaper car insurance in Atlanta is definitely available on the web and with local Atlanta insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer online quoting and these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
We just covered many ways to shop for Saturn Ion insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Active Military in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)