Want to save money and find the cheapest insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta shoppers have options when shopping for the best price on Chevy Bolt insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for your Chevy and get the cheapest rates either online or from Atlanta insurance agents.
It’s hard to believe, but most drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Atlanta can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
It’s smart to check insurance prices before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the best deal on Chevy Bolt insurance in Atlanta last year other companies may now be cheaper. There is lot of inaccurate information about Bolt insurance online, but I’m going to show you the easiest ways to stop overpaying for insurance in Atlanta.
Low-cost auto insurance in Atlanta, GA
The following companies provide quotes in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Atlanta insurance discounts for a Chevy Bolt
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Atlanta auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Chevrolet Bolt insurance in Atlanta.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small discount on rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will help reduce your policy premiums.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, driver training, military active duty, anti-theft, membership and employees, and good student.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-car, home ownership, multi-policy, continuous insurance, early quote, payment discounts, and good student.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for accident prevention training, multi-car, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Many things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help calculate your premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- High coverage deductibles cost less – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a broken windshield, vandalism, or theft. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
- Fewer miles means better costs – The higher the miles on your Chevy in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Bolt can cost quite a bit. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
- Consolidate and save – Most major insurers will award better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Your location is a factor – Being located in areas with lower population is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large Georgia cities have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Insurance can be complex
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Atlanta.
By using this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Atlanta who can give free rate quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to use a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Atlanta can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can sell insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-7811 – View Map
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 525-1600 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (470) 355-1973 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Atlanta exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Barry Domangue – State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Peachtree St NE Ste 103 – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 853-3772 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Drew Niess
3133 Maple Dr NE Ste 100 – Atlanta, GA 30305 – (404) 477-5500 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Douglas Hollis
2195 Fairburn Rd SW – Atlanta, GA 30331 – (404) 629-1510 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in Atlanta should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Atlanta?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find cheaper Chevy Bolt insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Atlanta auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)