Do you want a faster way to compare lower-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Atlanta? Do you get confused by the wide range of auto insurance companies in Atlanta? Drivers have such a large number of options that it is a burden to find the best premium rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Atlanta. Atlanta is the perfect city to reside in, but trying to pay high auto insurance rates can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to afford proper coverage amounts.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Atlanta drivers could save nearly 60% each year, but they think it's difficult to find affordable auto insurance rates.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company's rates periodically because prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best price on Dodge Ram insurance in Atlanta last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're going to learn how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons for Dodge Ram insurance in Atlanta is to realize almost all companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data such as how much coverage you want, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, marital status, and if a SR-22 is required. Those rating factors is instantly provided to multiple companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$182||$260||$454||$26||$136||$1,058||$88|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$268||$436||$426||$26||$128||$1,284||$107|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$208||$370||$538||$32||$162||$1,310||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$436||$612||$582||$34||$174||$1,838||$153|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$328||$600||$502||$30||$150||$1,610||$134|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$208||$370||$538||$32||$162||$1,310||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$328||$630||$502||$30||$150||$1,640||$137|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$344||$512||$444||$26||$134||$1,460||$122|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$382||$612||$444||$26||$134||$1,598||$133|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$366||$706||$466||$28||$140||$1,706||$142|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$382||$604||$444||$26||$134||$1,590||$133|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$204||$392||$502||$30||$150||$1,278||$107|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$486||$720||$582||$34||$174||$1,996||$166|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$328||$598||$418||$24||$126||$1,494||$125|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$332||$612||$426||$26||$128||$1,524||$127|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$282||$448||$458||$28||$138||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$366||$742||$502||$30||$150||$1,790||$149|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$328||$592||$466||$28||$140||$1,554||$130|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$366||$812||$466||$28||$140||$1,812||$151|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$310||$560||$444||$26||$134||$1,474||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase insurance rates considerably.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Dodge Ram insurance rates for each different age category. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Drive safe and save
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault collisions can impact Dodge Ram insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost, car insurance is mandatory in Georgia but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge has a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Dodge. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Ram are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so it's important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
These six discounts can reduce Dodge Ram insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Atlanta car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Distant Student Discount - Kids who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- 55 and Retired - Older drivers may receive a slight reduction on a Atlanta car insurance quote.
- Driver's Ed - Have your child successfully take a driver's education course in school.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles could qualify for lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren't that generous.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Atlanta. To find companies who offer free Dodge Ram insurance quotes in Atlanta, click here to view.
Insurance can be complex
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Atlanta that can provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is there a local claims center in Atlanta?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
When researching a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Atlanta are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who may provide you with price quotes.
- Dorcelin Bazil - State Farm Insurance Agent
2859 N Druid Hills Rd a - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 634-2447 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jannette Boykin
674 North Highland Avenue Northeast b - Atlanta, GA 30306 - (678) 904-6621 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Laura Leidigh
7 Lenox Pointe NE - Atlanta, GA 30324 - (404) 233-5650 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Walter Wade Agency
4401 Northside Pkwy NW #311 - Atlanta, GA 30327 - (404) 550-3448 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Tommy Jones Agency
3201 Atlanta Industrial Pkwy NW b220 - Atlanta, GA 30331 - (404) 660-3821 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (470) 355-1973 - View Map
Specific coverages for a Dodge Ram
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Ram to save money on collision insurance.
This will cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people's claims, and doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as legal defense fees, attorney fees, court costs, repair bills for other people's vehicles and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible. Georgia state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Dodge Ram.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like ambulance fees, funeral costs, hospital visits and pain medications. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive car insurance
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, theft, falling objects and rock chips in glass. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Smart shoppers get results
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, high prices, policy cancellation and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Dodge Ram insurance in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)