Want to learn how to find cheaper Infiniti FX50 insurance in Atlanta? No one looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when their premiums are too high.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Atlanta drivers can cut their rates by 60% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Since you have so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it is very difficult to locate the best insurer.
It’s important to check auto insurance prices once or twice a year because rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest rate on Infiniti FX50 insurance in Atlanta a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
The Infiniti FX50 Insurance Premium Equation
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Too many claims will drive rates up – Insurance companies in Georgia award most affordable rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Lots of insurers apply a discount to customers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
High performance equals high premiums – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices are usually for lower cost passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Infiniti FX50 is classified as a luxury crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost substantially more than the average rate where you live in Atlanta.
Drivers with good credit save on insurance – Having a good credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Infiniti FX50 by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with worse credit.
Your gender affects costs – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are responsible for at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
With age comes lower prices – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a significant other actually saves money on your policy. It is viewed as being more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FX50 AWD 4-Dr||$408||$770||$402||$24||$120||$1,724||$144|
|FX50 Sport AWD 4-Dr||$324||$552||$516||$30||$154||$1,576||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower coverage rates noticeably.
Infiniti FX50 insurance premiums by gender and age
The example below illustrates the difference between Infiniti FX50 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost of full coverage
The diagram below shows the comparison of Infiniti FX50 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact rule to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Infiniti FX50 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
But they said I’d save $409 a year!
Car insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run television and radio advertisements. All the ads advertise the message of big savings just by moving to them. Is it even possible that every company can cost less than your current company? It’s all in the numbers.
Many companies have specific guidelines for the right customer that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable risk may be between the ages of 30 and 45, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates in Atlanta and will most likely save money with a new company.
Drivers who are not a match for these criteria will get higher rates and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen closely, the ads state “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Different companies use different criteria so you really need to do a quote comparison often. It’s impossible to know with any certainty which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Why you need Infiniti FX50 insurance in Georgia
Despite the potentially high cost of Infiniti FX50 insurance, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your FX50, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Infiniti for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper Infiniti FX50 insurance rates in Atlanta
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Atlanta Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Atlanta may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles are generally safer.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, passive restraint, good student, safe vehicle, anti-theft, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance has discounts for online shopper, claim free, good student, renters, anti-theft, and online quote.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, new vehicle discount, safety features, good student, new move discount, newly retired, and newly married.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, mature driver, good student, multiple vehicles, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, seat belt use, federal employee, air bags, and military active duty.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Georgia, click this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting small agencies is still important in Atlanta.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Atlanta for you
When researching a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below are independent agents in Atlanta that may be able to provide free price quotes.
Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-7811 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive agencies in Atlanta that can give you price quotes.
Jared Mula – State Farm Insurance Agent
3220 Cobb Pkwy SE #202 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (770) 874-3325 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Where are claims handled?
- How long has their agency been in business in Atlanta?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you may have found an auto insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you can cancel coverage at any time so never feel you are locked into the car insurance policy with no way to switch.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper Infiniti FX50 insurance in Atlanta is attainable from both online companies and with local Atlanta insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to reduce Infiniti FX50 insurance premium rates online in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional information is available below: