Are you searching for more affordable Land Rover FreeLander insurance in Atlanta? When searching for lower-priced insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the number of car insurance providers in Atlanta? Lot’s of other people are too. You have so many providers to choose from that it can really be a difficult challenge to find a more affordable company. If you live there, you know that Atlanta has many things to offer, but finding the money to pay for car insurance can make it very difficult to pay for enough car insurance coverage.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,722, Georgia drivers could save roughly $959 every year just by shopping around, but they just don’t want to compare rates online.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best price on Land Rover FreeLander insurance in Atlanta on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. There are a lot of ways to save on FreeLander insurance online, but I’m going to show you some tested techniques to reduce your car insurance bill.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the following tips. Finding quotes for the most affordable coverage in Atlanta is actually quite simple. Although Georgia drivers must learn the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in Georgia. The best method to do a complete rate comparison is to use the internet to compare rates.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get Atlanta FreeLander insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to also get price estimates from those companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Take these seven policy discounts and save on Land Rover FreeLander insurance in Atlanta
Some insurers don’t list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow data collection to monitor driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared to bad drivers.
- Student in College – Older children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts for claim-free, good student, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, drive less, anti-theft, multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
When quoting, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in every state.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Atlanta should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures from which to choose. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Carter Nicholson – State Farm Insurance Agent
3040 Briarcliff Rd NE c – Atlanta, GA 30329 – (404) 748-9739 – View Map
- Jared Mula – State Farm Insurance Agent
3220 Cobb Pkwy SE #202 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (770) 874-3325 – View Map
- Geoff Carlson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1465 Chattahoochee Ave NW #550 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (678) 927-9977 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent agents in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (404) 892-2864 – View Map
- Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-3511 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Walter Wade Agency
4401 Northside Pkwy NW #311 – Atlanta, GA 30327 – (404) 550-3448 – View Map
But the ad said I’d save 15% in 15 minutes!
Well-known car insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the companies advertise claims that you can save after switching your car insurance policy to them. How is it plausible that every one can offer drivers better rates? It’s all in how they say it.
Companies have specific guidelines for the type of customer that will most likely be profitable. One example of a preferred risk could be over the age of 50, owns a home, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any customer that matches those criteria will get a cheap rate quote in Atlanta and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will probably be forced to pay higher premium rates and ends up with business going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” will save that much if they switch. This is how companies can make claims that they all have the best prices. Because every company is different, you should get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s just not possible to know which car insurance company will have the lowest Land Rover FreeLander insurance in Atlanta.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Georgia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a broken windshield, fire damage and theft. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Land Rover FreeLander.
Since many Georgia drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision – This covers damage to your FreeLander resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your FreeLander to get cheaper collision coverage.
Frequent quotes can save
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Land Rover FreeLander insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Land Rover FreeLander rate quotes. You may even discover the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Lower-priced car insurance in Atlanta is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)