How long has it been since the last time you looked for low-cost car insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the best price on Lexus LC 500 insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Lexus and locate the best price possible from both online companies and Atlanta agents.
You need to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the best rate on Lexus LC 500 insurance in Atlanta six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. You can search a lot of LC 500 insurance online but by reading this article, you're going to learn the easiest ways to lower your car insurance rates in Atlanta.
Seven factors that impact insurance prices
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
- Infrequent drivers can save - The higher the mileage driven every year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your LC 500 may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your policy states the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Low coverage deductibles cost more - Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims would be a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
- Get hitched and get better prices - Being married helps lower the price on your car insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Costs impacted by your city - Living in less populated areas can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Less people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Georgia cities have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Cheap premiums for being claim-free - Companies in Georgia provide lower rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Do you work long hours in a stressful occupation? - Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like doctors, social workers and accountants are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations like professors, students and the unemployed get better rates.
- Responsible credit saves on car insurance - An insured's credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Lexus LC 500 by improving your credit score. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with bad credit.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Lexus LC 500 insurance in Atlanta is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details like your occupation, whether you have decent credit, how much coverage you want, and the make and model of your vehicles. That rating information is then submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes immediately.
To compare multiple company cheap Lexus LC 500 insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Can you really save if you switch?
Georgia drivers can't ignore all the ads that claim the cheapest rates from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies state the claim about how much you will save if you switch your coverage.
How do they all offer you a better deal on Lexus LC 500 insurance in Atlanta? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Most companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk might be over the age of 35, insures multiple vehicles, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any person that hits that "sweet spot" will get the preferred car insurance rates in Atlanta and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who fall outside this stringent profile will see higher premium rates which leads to the customer buying from a different company. The trick companies use is to say "people that switch" not "everybody who quotes" will save that much if they switch. That's the way companies can lure you into getting a quote. Because of this risk profiling, it is so important to compare many company's prices. Because you cannot predict which company will provide the lowest Lexus LC 500 insurance in Atlanta.
Auto insurance is not optional in Georgia
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus LC 500 in Atlanta, auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Lexus LC 500 and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Lexus LC 500 insurance in Atlanta
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select car insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because it requires personal responsibility.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall bill.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
It's a good idea to ask each company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Georgia, click this link.
Can't I compare prices from local Atlanta insurance agents?
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Atlanta that provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider should depend on more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can write policy coverage, but it's important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Traci McCrory - State Farm Insurance Agent
1526 E Forrest Ave #250 - Atlanta, GA 30344 - (678) 539-8623 - View Map
- Clyde Hill Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
3041 N E Expy - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (770) 452-1485 - View Map
- Kaitlin Ponce - State Farm Insurance Agent
2285 Peachtree Rd #204 - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 390-1190 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, you absolutely need to include price quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are independent agencies in Atlanta that can give you comparison quotes.
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 633-6332 - View Map
Once you have acceptable answers to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- If my Lexus LC 500 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my Lexus LC 500 covered if I use it for business?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Shop smart and save
We covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Lexus LC 500 insurance in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Atlanta auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When getting Atlanta auto insurance quotes online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)