Are you looking for low-cost Acura RLX insurance in Atlanta? If you've never shopped for Atlanta auto insurance quotes online, you may be baffled by the crazy number of online companies offering insurance in Atlanta.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of drivers in Georgia kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Many consumers in the U.S. could save an average of approximately $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but they think it's difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It's smart to compare prices as often as possible since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Acura RLX insurance in Atlanta last year a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the quickest way to buy cheaper Acura RLX insurance in Atlanta.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the following tips. These tips will familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages. But Georgia drivers need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
There are several ways of comparing rates from many different Georgia insurance companies. The recommended way to find the cheapest Acura RLX insurance rates consists of shopping online.
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons helps you find more affordable rates.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Acura RLX insurance discounts in Atlanta
Companies don't list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Distant College Student Discount - College-age children living away from Atlanta attending college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Atlanta drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates when compared to bad drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on RLX insurance in Atlanta.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Atlanta auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Paperwork-free - Many insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for teen driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, student away at school, paid in full, and good student.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, air bags, accident-free, TimeAway discount, early bird, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance may offer discounts for online quote, safety device, renters, good student, Pac-12 alumni, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, driver's education, defensive driving training, accident-free, and student away at school.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, and multi-car.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not apply in every state. To choose providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Georgia, click here.
Compare prices but buy from a local Atlanta insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find lower prices and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, your information is submitted to companies in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes for your business. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Arlisher Jones
1176 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (404) 752-7056 - View Map
- Geoff Carlson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1465 Chattahoochee Ave NW #550 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (678) 927-9977 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Sheree Johnson
1218 Fairburn Rd SW #204 - Atlanta, GA 30331 - (404) 682-1940 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 - Atlanta, GA 30345 - (404) 633-4321 - View Map
- Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-7811 - View Map
- Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW A - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (470) 771-3398 - View Map
If you get reasonable responses to all your questions as well as a price you're happy with, you may have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Georgia?
- Does my Acura RLX need full coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Atlanta
It's important that you understand some of the elements that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive - Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims could be rearending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Do you really need the add-on coverages? - Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Insurance for roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you don't need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Drive less and pay lower prices - The higher the mileage driven each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your RLX can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your auto insurance coverage states annual mileage.
- Stay claim-free and save money - Auto insurance companies in Georgia give lower rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- How much liability - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Marriage pays dividends - Being married can actually save you money on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Higher rates for stressful jobs - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers like lawyers, architects and emergency personnel generally pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as professors, students and homemakers get better rates.
- Acura RLX claim data - Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Acura RLX Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura RLX insurance, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Acura, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $750 every year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
We just covered a lot of tips how to compare Acura RLX insurance premium rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
More affordable insurance in Atlanta is available from both online companies and with local Atlanta insurance agents, so you need to quote Atlanta auto insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)