How many times have you told yourself to find low-cost BMW X5 insurance in Atlanta? Feel like you have overpriced BMW X5 insurance in Atlanta? Believe me when I say there are many Atlanta drivers thinking the same thing.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Atlanta could save themselves almost $960 a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison. Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive increase brand awareness with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the deception and find the best price available.
How to buy Atlanta BMW X5 insurance online
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|X5 3.0I AWD||$472||$886||$532||$32||$158||$2,080||$173|
|X5 3.5D AWD||$450||$938||$512||$30||$154||$2,084||$174|
|X5 4.8I AWD||$328||$590||$378||$22||$114||$1,432||$119|
|X5 M AWD||$540||$1026||$402||$24||$120||$2,112||$176|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Atlanta garaging location which can affect premiums significantly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Atlanta car insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions can affect BMW X5 auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Yearly car insurance costs for men versus women
The example below shows the difference between BMW X5 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on insurance. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Atlanta auto insurance quotes online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new X5 can save you some money because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, anti-theft, good student, seat belt use, federal employee, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, good student, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- Travelers has savings for student away at school, new car, driver training, continuous insurance, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, good student, and AAA membership discount.
When getting free Atlanta auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Atlanta. To see providers with discount rates in Atlanta, click here to view.
What Determines BMW X5 Insurance Premiums?
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the things companies use to determine premiums.
- Liability insurance risk factors in – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims would be a dented fender, vandalism, and having your car stolen. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Improve your credit rating and save – Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your BMW X5 by improving your credit score. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase premiums – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Your stress level may be raising your prices – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as lawyers, business owners and medical professionals generally pay the highest average rates because of intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs like actors, engineers and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Due to the fact that the BMW X5 falls in the luxury crossover class, insuring your vehicle will cost substantially more than the average rate where you live in Atlanta. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Careless driving means higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Having a single driving citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get multiple violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to legally drive.
- BMW X5 statistical loss data – Car insurance companies study historical loss data when setting premium rates. Vehicles that are shown to have higher losses will cost more for coverage. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for BMW X5 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for BMW X5 Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW X5 4dr 2WD 131 110 153 BMW X5 4dr 4WD 126 81 164 65 57 67
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying car insurance from Atlanta insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agents is important particularly in Atlanta.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Different types of car insurance agents in Atlanta
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Atlanta can either be exclusive or independent. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not write with just one company so they can write business amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below are independent agencies in Atlanta that may be able to give you price quotes.
These type of agents write business for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive agencies in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
But the ad said I’d save 15% in 15 minutes!
Consumers can’t get away from all the ads for the lowest price insurance from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to convey the message that people will save if you get a free Atlanta auto insurance quote and switch your insurance policy to them.
But how can every company lower your car insurance rates? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Insurance providers require specific criteria for the type of driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured might be over the age of 35, has never had a claim, and does not commute to work. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get low prices as well as pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who cannot meet these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate with the end result being business going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” will save that much if they switch. This is how companies can truthfully claim big savings.
This really illustrates why you should compare rate quotes every year. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance company will have the best BMW X5 insurance in Atlanta.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
Cheap BMW X5 insurance in Atlanta is available on the web in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
We covered a lot of information how to reduce BMW X5 insurance premium rates online in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Atlanta auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable BMW X5 insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
More information is available below:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)