Locating better insurance prices for a new or used Buick Verano in Georgia can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our auto insurance buying tips to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for your Buick and locate the lowest possible price.
It’s important to get comparison quotes as often as possible since prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Buick Verano insurance in Atlanta a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You can search a lot of Verano insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some great ideas on how to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Atlanta.
Affordable Buick Verano insurance in Atlanta
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data submission to spy on vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less can qualify you for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, driver training, multi-policy, air bags, and federal employee.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, multiple autos, driver’s education, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century discounts include theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, driver training, early bird, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies everywhere.
Compare quotes for Atlanta Buick Verano insurance
Finding a lower price on Buick Verano insurance is pretty simple and can save money. You just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates to discover which company has low cost Atlanta auto insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Informed Drivers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The following are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Don’t cancel your insurance without a new one in place – Driving any period of time without insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Your occupation can affect premiums – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like fire fighters, social workers and miners tend to pay higher premium rates due to intense work requirements and long work days. Conversely, careers like actors, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Insurance companies don’t like frequent policy claims – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Georgia award discounts to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
High performance equals high costs – The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Since the Buick Verano is a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Atlanta. Small economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have additional coverages that you can buy on your Verano policy. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Insurance losses for a Buick Verano – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine prices. Models that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have increased rates.
The next table shows the loss history for Buick Verano vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Buick Verano Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Atlanta car insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is still important in Atlanta.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When searching for local Atlanta agents, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can do a good job, but it’s important to point out why they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. When shopping rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Tommy Jones Agency
3201 Atlanta Industrial Pkwy NW b220 – Atlanta, GA 30331 – (404) 660-3821 – View Map
- White and White Insurance
2882 E Point St – Atlanta, GA 30344 – (404) 766-9390 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Walter Wade Agency
4401 Northside Pkwy NW #311 – Atlanta, GA 30327 – (404) 550-3448 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta willing to provide price quote information.
- Geoff Carlson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1465 Chattahoochee Ave NW #550 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (678) 927-9977 – View Map
- DeWayne Hrabowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 – Atlanta, GA 30310 – (404) 758-5400 – View Map
- Dale Massey – State Farm Insurance Agent
4605 Roswell Rd NE – Atlanta, GA 30342 – (404) 257-8880 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Insuring your Verano just makes sense
Even though Atlanta Verano insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Buick, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Buick for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves your Buick and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Buick gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Atlanta is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistence pays off
Affordable Buick Verano insurance in Atlanta can be bought from both online companies and with local Atlanta insurance agents, so you need to quote Atlanta auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
When searching for affordable Buick Verano insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented some good ideas how to shop for Buick Verano insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Buick Verano rate quotes. You may even find the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)