Are you regretting the purchase of an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Say no more because you're not alone.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that almost 70% of drivers in Georgia have been with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in the United States could save up to $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates. Many insurers vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to discover the definitive best price available on Hummer H3 insurance in Atlanta.
Hummer H3 insurance quotes comparison
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|H3 Adventure Package 4WD||$392||$604||$516||$30||$154||$1,696||$141|
|H3 Luxury Package 4WD||$166||$322||$378||$22||$114||$1,002||$84|
|H3 Alpha 4WD||$408||$814||$512||$30||$154||$1,918||$160|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in garaging location in Atlanta which can affect rates considerably.
Gender-based car insurance rates in Atlanta
The chart below shows the difference between Hummer H3 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Atlanta insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings. If you're not getting every credit available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Atlanta auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Atlanta auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- New Car Discount - Buying insurance on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Atlanta Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims before the accident.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Hummer may enable drivers to earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, air bag, driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers discounts including accident-free, early bird, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive has savings for good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Travelers may have discounts that include save driver, student away at school, multi-policy, driver training, and early quote.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for pay in full, business and professional, distant student, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- USAA may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, military installation, loyalty savings, and family discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-car, exclusive group savings, new move discount, new graduate, and good student.
If you need low cost Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Atlanta.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Atlanta car insurance agent
Some people still like to sit down with an agent. Licensed agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company shouldn't rely on just a low price. A good agent in Atlanta will have answers to these questions.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
If you want to use a local Atlanta insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures from which to choose. Atlanta agents can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but we need to point out the difference between them since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give rate quotes.
Randy Beavers - State Farm Insurance Agent
135 Mount Vernon Hwy - Atlanta, GA 30328 - (770) 396-3810 - View Map
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give rate quotes.
After you get satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as low cost Hummer H3 insurance quotes, you've probably found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Hummer H3 Insurance Cost Factors
Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The following are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection - Liability insurance provides coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Certain occupations pay higher premiums - Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations such as lawyers, air traffic controllers, and accountants tend to have the highest rates because of intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, careers such as professors, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
- You might pay higher rates if you are single - Having a spouse may save some money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Commute or pleasure use - The higher the miles on your Hummer in a year the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Verify your declarations sheet states the correct usage for each vehicle. Improper usage on your H3 is just wasting money.
- Cut rates and deter theft - Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
- Teen vs. mature drivers - Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.Youthful drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
- Good drivers pay the best rates - Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who don't get tickets get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Lower deductibles cost more - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Hummer H3, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Hummer at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $750 every year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
You just learned a lot of tips how to shop for Hummer H3 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Atlanta auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. Affordable Hummer H3 insurance in Atlanta can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
While you're price shopping online, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)