Are you researching lower-priced Hyundai Veloster insurance in Atlanta? Finding cheaper rates for Hyundai Veloster insurance in Atlanta can be kind of frustrating for drivers who are beginners to online comparison shopping. With so many options of companies, it can easily turn into a big hassle to lower your prices on Hyundai Veloster insurance.
It’s hard to believe, but almost 70% of insureds in Georgia have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. The average driver in the United States could save almost $860 every year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding the best rates.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Cheap Atlanta car insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known as well as the least known car insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- College Student – Older children living away from Atlanta attending college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Veloster can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because it requires personal responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, good student, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, student away at school, accident-free, safe vehicle, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Travelers may include discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, IntelliDrive, driver training, save driver, and early quote.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, and bundle.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, defensive driver, air bags, and driver training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in every state.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Atlanta, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your Hyundai Veloster but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Atlanta insurance agents?
Many drivers still like to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Atlanta who will return price quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a local Atlanta insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Atlanta who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E – Atlanta, GA 30340 – (770) 452-8881 – View Map
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 – Atlanta, GA 30345 – (404) 633-4321 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (470) 355-1973 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people use the same agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta who can help you get price quotes.
- Phyllis Mitchell – State Farm Insurance Agent
1442 Dresden Dr NE #253 – Atlanta, GA 30319 – (404) 812-9951 – View Map
- Willard Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
3867 Roswell Rd NE #101 – Atlanta, GA 30342 – (404) 816-8885 – View Map
- Cheryl S Parsel – State Farm Insurance Agent
3145 Peachtree Rd #197 – Atlanta, GA 30305 – (404) 814-0071 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Which family members are covered?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?