Locating the cheapest insurance for a new or used Subaru BRZ in Georgia could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Subaru and locate the lowest price.
Choosing the best rates in Atlanta is easy if you know what you're doing. If you are already insured or just want to save money, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Shoppers only need to know the quickest way to compare rates from many different companies online.
Informed Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
Shown below are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Get a ticket, pay higher costs - How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Attentive drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
More traffic means higher claims - Living in less populated areas is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
Keep policy claims to a minimum - Insurance companies in Georgia generally give the best rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Multiple policies with one company can save - Most major insurance companies allow better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's still a good idea to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still save more without the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Your career may increase rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like doctors, airline pilots, and medical professionals usually pay higher premium rates due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, jobs like professors, historians and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Are women or men drivers cheaper? - The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. They both cause fender benders at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Insurance loss data for a Subaru BRZ - Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Subaru BRZ Models
|Specific Subaru Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Finding a lower price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes to find the company with affordable Atlanta car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Georgia. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Brand name doesn't guarantee savings
Consumers in Georgia can't get away from ads for cheaper auto insurance by companies like Allstate and Progressive. All the ads make the point that you'll save big just by switching your coverage to them.
But how can every company offer drivers better rates? This is how they do it.
Auto insurance companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that earns them the most money. For instance, a profitable risk profile may need to be over the age of 50, carries full coverage, and does not commute to work. A propective insured who fits those characteristics will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and will also save some money.
Consumers who may not quite match these stringent criteria will see higher rates which translates to the customer not purchasing. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much money. That's the way companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote. Because every company is different, it is so important to compare free Atlanta car insurance quotes often. It's impossible to know which auto insurance company will give you lower prices than your current company.
Why you need insurance
Even though Atlanta BRZ insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Subaru, almost all lenders will require you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Subaru at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your Subaru BRZ and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to save money.
Cheaper rates with these price cutting discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Claim Free - Atlanta drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver's education in high school.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some companies give lower prices if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Professional Organizations - Joining a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total BRZ insurance premium.
- Payment Method - By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way. But all discounts will lower the premium cost.
Auto insurance companies that may offer these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Atlanta. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Atlanta, click here.
Buying car insurance from Atlanta auto insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Atlanta who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Atlanta?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance agents in Atlanta can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Carter Nicholson - State Farm Insurance Agent
3040 Briarcliff Rd NE c - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 748-9739 - View Map
- Clyde Hill Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
3041 N E Expy - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (770) 452-1485 - View Map
- Dana Shivalier - State Farm Insurance Agent
1544 Piedmont Ave NE #107 - Atlanta, GA 30324 - (404) 892-0101 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Atlanta independent agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Walter Wade Agency
4401 Northside Pkwy NW #311 - Atlanta, GA 30327 - (404) 550-3448 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a - Atlanta, GA 30312 - (404) 474-6356 - View Map
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to all your questions as well as a price you're happy with, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to service your policy. Just understand that you are able to terminate coverage whenever you choose to so don't feel that you are obligated to any particular company for the full term.
You can find affordable coverage
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More affordable car insurance in Atlanta can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not offer price quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service or even delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)