Finding low-cost insurance for a Subaru WRX in Georgia could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates for a Subaru and obtain the lowest price either online or from Atlanta insurance agents.
Comparing quotes for more affordable auto insurance in Atlanta is not as hard as you may think. If you are insured now or need new coverage, use these money-saving tips to buy cheaper auto insurance without reducing coverage. Smart buyers just have to use the fastest way to get comparison quotes using one simple form.
How to get free Subaru WRX insurance quotes online
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Insurance in Georgia serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru WRX in Atlanta, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Subaru has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Active Military Service - Having a family member in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Atlanta and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less can qualify you for substantially lower prices.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on WRX insurance in Atlanta.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on the internet.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way. But any discount will positively reduce the premium cost.
Companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, business and professional, homeowner, early shopping, mature driver, pay in full, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, good student, multiple autos, accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include safety features, good student, newly retired, new move discount, and newly married.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, good student
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Atlanta. For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Georgia, click here to view.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Some people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important especially in Atlanta.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverages - This coverage covers damage to your WRX caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your WRX to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage - Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, falling objects, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance - This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, repair bills for other people's vehicles, legal defense fees, pain and suffering and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Georgia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage - Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Subaru WRX.
Due to the fact that many Georgia drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25 in Georgia), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, pain medications, nursing services, ambulance fees and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
One last thing about your coverage
Cost effective Subaru WRX insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to compare Subaru WRX insurance car insurance rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Atlanta car insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Atlanta car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies can be pretty painless.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)