How many times have you said it's time to compare cheaper Tesla Model S insurance in Atlanta? Trying to find better insurance prices for a new or used Tesla Model S in Georgia can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for a Tesla and locate the lowest possible price either online or from Atlanta insurance agents.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to lower your rates without reducing protection. Quoting and comparing affordable policy in Atlanta is easy to do. Consumers only need to know the tricks to compare rates from many different companies online.
Getting a cheap price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. Drivers just need to invest a few minutes comparing rates to discover which company has low cost Atlanta car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Why you need insurance for your Model S
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Tesla Model S has a lien holder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Tesla for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Georgia is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Tesla Model S insurance in Atlanta with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Cautious Drivers - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Model S insurance in Atlanta.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include early bird, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, air bags, and automatic seat belts.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, student away at school, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, good student, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new vehicle discount, new move discount, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be available in Atlanta. To see auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Georgia, click here.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent. Good agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Atlanta that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How long has their agency been open in Atlanta?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
If you need to find an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Atlanta agents can either be exclusive or independent. Either one can do a good job, but it's important to know how they are different because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Atlanta that can give you rate quotes.
- Clyde Hill Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
3041 N E Expy - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (770) 452-1485 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jannette Boykin
674 North Highland Avenue Northeast b - Atlanta, GA 30306 - (678) 904-6621 - View Map
- Kerry Mitchell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Chamblee-Tucker Rd, Bldg 15 - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (770) 455-0017 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Atlanta that can give you price quotes.
- White and White Insurance
2882 E Point St - Atlanta, GA 30344 - (404) 766-9390 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Tommy Jones Agency
3201 Atlanta Industrial Pkwy NW b220 - Atlanta, GA 30331 - (404) 660-3821 - View Map
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (912) 355-4549 - View Map
What is the best insurance coverage?
When quoting and choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Georgia minimum liability coverage?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Tesla Model S insurance in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Tesla Model S insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
There are still a few companies who don't offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Tesla Model S insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Active Military in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)